Company Altar Produce LLC
Location Salinas, CA
Category Quality Control
Employment Type Full Time
Minimum Education High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years Experience 1-2
Travel Percentage 25%
The Quality Control Clerk works under the direction of the Quality Control coordinator and in administrating the quality control program of Altar Produce LLC based on company quality standards. This position focuses on assisting with inspection of incoming and outbound loads to ensure product meets company standards and communicating issues and concerns to the QC Coordinator and sales persons.
The majority of time spent in this position involves working on the warehouse floor assisting with the inspection of agricultural commodities such as: Asparagus, Green Onions, Broccoli, Brussels Sprout and other perishable products in order to maintain the standards of quality.
Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Keep record of quality, temperatures, diameters, test result data, in order to maintain shipping, receiving records and files
- Count or estimate quantities of products received
- Ensure proper storage methods, identification, and stock location based on turnover, environmental factors, and physical capabilities of facility
- Dispose of damaged or defective items, or return them to vendors, pursuant to company procedures or as instructed
- Remove from stock products or loads not meeting quality standards, and notify Quality Control Coordinator of discrepancies or shortages
- Examine products and packaging for damage, defects, or shortages, using specification sheets.
- Inspect all inbound trucks for signs of pest and rodents before unloading.
- Ensure compliance with all Standard Operating Procedures pertaining to receiving, storage, and shipping. Identify any issues to Quality Control management
- Document temperatures of all inbound loads and report to Quality Control Coordinator any violations
- Responsible for proper rotation for all produce inventory and various perishable items
- Perform daily quality inspections for all perishable items
- Perform daily date checks and pull all out dated product from pick and reserve slots
- Observe temperatures within cooler and cases and report failures to management
- Communicate with Sales persons all quality issues and assists them in resolving them to ensure the customer receives the highest quality products possible
- Analyze, identify, and propose action to the solution of problems associated with Quality Assurance
- Pay close attention to damaged or inferior product
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities & Physical Requirements)
- 1-2 years produce or other perishable receiving and inspection experience, knowledge of USDA grades and standards, and 1-2 years in shipping and receiving
- High school diploma or GED required
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to operate electric pallet jack
- Ability to work well without close supervision
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task with strong organization skills
- Basic proficiency with MS Office and Internet applications
Why Altar Produce LLC
Grow with us!If you have a passion for inspiring people and a flair for fresh food, consider applying for a job at Altar Produce LLC With a focus on customer service, our company offer high-quality, farm fresh produce. Come grow your career in healthy living with rapidly growing company and teams that pride themselves on empowering others along their journey. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Altar Produce LLC management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.