Deardorff Family Farms (“DFF”) is an innovative fourth generation family business engaged in growing, packing, shipping and marketing of fresh fruits and vegetables. DFF is committed to sustainable business practices and has an expanding business in need of additional leadership in its accounting/finance department.
DFF needs a new member to join its executive team who can manage day-to-day financial and accounting functions. The Controller will also work closely with the president and the CFO to monitor operational results and assist in business planning. The position is intended for growth into a Director of Finance position.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Reports to and works with the CFO.
- Manage daily accounting operations and ensure accuracy and timeliness of accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll.
- Creation and management of adequate systems and controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance accuracy, maximize efficiency and ensure compliance with GAAP.
- Work with farming and production departments on the creation and management of systems for measuring, monitoring and reporting operational results and statistics.
- Routinely coordinate, analyze and report financial, production and overall operational performance to management team.
- Prepare short and long-term financial and operational forecasts.
- Assist the CFO with administrative, audit and tax functions.
- Assist with IT, trace back systems, food safety monitoring systems, sustainability measurements and other operational systems.
The Essential Qualifications:
The candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or business administration and 4+ years of progressively responsible experience for a farming company or similar produce company. Preference will be given to candidates that have previous experience with Famous Software and who are able to currently (or in the near future) move into a more senior level accounting/finance position.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.