Exotics Commodity Manager
About Our Team
The Giumarra Companies is a leading international network of fresh produce growers, distributors, and marketers that encompasses a world of freshness. Since its inception in 1922, the Giumarra group of companies has taken pride in a longstanding commitment and tradition of quality, service, and industry leadership to feed the world in a healthy way.
Our Nature's Partner brand represents the core of what we do: a partnership with our people, customers, growers, and the land and its fruits. Products packed under the Nature's Partner label represent some of the highest-quality fruits and vegetables in the marketplace, having met strict standards for food safety, quality control, and flavor. For more information, please visit: www.giumarra.com and www.naturespartner.com.
We have an opening for a seasonal Exotics Commodity Manager in Reedley, California. This person will report to and work closely with the Director of Sales and the Giumarra Marketing Team. This newly-created position will focus and drive our exotic programs along with sales of exotic fruits, working from mid-June through mid-January.
Including but not limited to:
- Develop and manage exotic commodity department.
- Coordinate strategic sales initiatives with Director of Sales, Marketing, and upper management.
- Formulate, plan, and implement sales strategies to create demand and maximize market penetration.
- Explore and identify opportunities to drive sales.
- Actively seek special packaging for unique selling opportunities.
Qualifications & Requirements
- 9+ years of experience in produce/agriculture industry and/or Bachelor’s Degree.
- Ability to travel seasonally and with a flexible work schedule.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for selling to retail accounts.
- Strong people and communication skills.
- A well-developed set of selling, negotiation, and account management skills.
- A broad business perspective, encompassing a thorough understanding of business goals, vision, and culture.
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues.
- Excellent retail relationships.
- Strong computer skills and ability to multi-task.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and brief summary of your interest in the position below with the subject line: Exotics Commodity Manager
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.