CARTON YARD LOADER
The Carton Yard Loader is responsible for loading and receiving supplies from field trucks and vendors. This position will also maintain inventory with hand-held personal device assistants (PDA’s).
SCOPE OF ROLE
• Load and receive field trucks with supplies in a timely manner.
• Ensure supplies are properly rotated and notify supervisor when supplies are low.
• Maintain inventory with use of PDA’s.
• Perform monthly inventory.
• Ensure work area is clean.
• Fill out daily equipment check list.
• Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS, ABILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
The qualified candidate will be an effective advocate and, at all times, maintain a professional image that supports Ocean Mist Farms values, image and goals. A strong work ethic, unsurpassed integrity, confidentiality, punctuality, and job dedication is essential to be successful in this position.
• High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
• 2+ years of experience in agriculture cooling, receiving and shipping.
• Basic knowledge of computers and warehouse inventory systems is preferred.
• Basic math and English reading skills is required.
• Ability to operate and drive a forklift; experience and certification is required.
• Class A license is highly desired.
• Able to correctly use radio frequency hand held devices is preferred.
• Bilingual skills in English / Spanish always a plus.
• Travel may be required.
• Often standing, walking, turning, sitting, reaching, climbing stairs for long periods of time.
• Ability to work in an office and cooler environment with an average range between 33 and 110 degrees.
• Can-do attitude with willingness to proactively solve issues.
• Ability to manage a project from its initiation to completion with minimal supervision.
• Ability to maintain effective and positive working relationships at all levels including, but not limited to, customers, vendors, supervisors, employees, and peers.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.