Dayka & Hackett LLC has recently created a new Food Safety Manager position and is seeking an experienced food safety professional to join our team. Our ideal candidate will have the ability to develop, implement, monitor and continually improve our science-based food safety programs. Our Food Safety Manager should have the confidence to clearly communicate programs and policies to a wide array of audiences including senior management, food safety specialists, supermarkets, packinghouse sanitation crews, customers and auditing agencies.
The Food Safety Manager is committed to ensuring the highest level of product integrity and food safety from our vast variety of products, growers and facilities. This position is charged with the overall responsibility for the continued development, maintenance and implementation of a comprehensive Food Safety Program. The Food Safety Manager will attend all relevant Food Safety seminars and help implement revisions as necessary to achieve operational objectives of excellence in Food Safety.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Facilitate continuous improvement of all food safety programs.
- Familiar with SQF and Global Gap standards and certification.
- Monitor and verify Dayka & Hackett Food Safety Program compliance and effectiveness.
- Confirm Packinghouses audit corrective action plans are implemented.
- Develop a relationship with key industry technical leaders such as: United Fresh Food Safety, PMA, Governmental agencies, Universities, etc.
- Provide leadership and education relating to local, state and federal guidelines on produce safety.
- Monitor compliance with FSMA rules and regulations on Domestic and Imported fruit which include:
- Preventive Controls for Human Food
- FSVP-Foreign Supplier Verification Program
- Sanitary Transportation of Human Food
- Produce Safety
- Assist growers in achieving compliance with Food Safety Programs through field training and auditing.
- Review and Verify Packer and Dayka & Hackett Trace back/Recall procedures
- Respond to food safety related concerns and complaints with corrective action reports.
- Provide guidance, as needed, with governmental and customer third party audits.
- Build confidence in the Company’s Food Safety Program
- Become the “face” of the Dayka & Hackett with retailers, wholesalers, and other customers
- Minimum 2 years of experience in food safety assurance within a manufacturing environment.
- B.S. in Micro Biology, Food Science or related discipline required; advanced degree preferred.
- Experience with audits at the packinghouse and/or grower level.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations and training seminars.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective collaboration and relationship building skills.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access)
- Exceptional problem solving and organizational skills
- Bilingual in Spanish (preferred, but not required)
Please send resume and letter of interest to:
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.