The Nunes Company, Inc. has an immediate full-time position for an Assistant Controller of Cooling Operations. This is an excellent opportunity to join a large industry leading Salinas-based, grower shipper.
The Assistant Controller of Cooling Operations reports to the Corporate Controller and is primarily responsible for supporting financial and accounting aspects of the cooling process; including financial reporting, reconciliations, variance analysis, and monthly close processes. The best candidate for this position is a self-starter who will enjoy tackling new challenges and possesses exceptional organization skills with an eye for detail.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following as well as other duties and responsibilities, which may be assigned.
- Responsible for month end close, financial statement preparation & analysis of designated company.
- Analyzes financial data in a timely manner to ensure revenue and expenses are recorded appropriately.
- Develops annual budget and evaluates monthly results against the budget and investigate any variances.
- Responsible for managing the budgets for all projects and related development activities.
- Routinely coordinates, analyzes and reports financial, production and overall operational performance to management team.
- Analyzes financial data and operations to recommend and implement techniques to improve productivity, increase efficiencies, and cut costs.
- Assists with annual audit process.
- Contributes to developing processes to enhance internal controls and to streamline timely reporting of financial information.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting/finance or equivalent.
- CPA preferred
- 5+ years of related experience
- Working experience with Dynamics AX is highly desirable
- Demonstrates a high level of proficiency with MSOffice (Outlook, Word and Excel) programs.
- Prepares a variety of financial statements and reports, and analyzes in a timely and accurate manner.
- Strong understanding of the general ledger, reconciliations and accounting principles.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.