JOB TITLE: Sales Assistant
COMPANY: Growers Express
PRIMARY SUPERVISOR: Customer Service Manager
SECONDARY SUPERVISOR: Sales Manager
The sales assistant will provide daily support to the sales and commodity managers through a respectful, productive and energetic style, as guided by company objectives.
At Growers Express, all of our jobs include broad responsibilities for continually improving the processes we use to grow and ship our top quality products. This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. The below is a list of the job responsibilities but not limited to.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the day-to-day sales order processing tasks ensuring that all orders are properly entered the sales system, as well as working with exports & domestic orders.
- Answer incoming calls to the sales department and route them to the correct sales representative.
- Review sales orders in the system checking them for accuracy.
- Interface with the company’s finance and accounting departments as required to reconcile issues related to customer or vendor invoicing.
- Achieve level of competence in “I-Trade Network”, Foodlink, SV Harbor and Grocery Edict (all electronic systems) to effectively retrieve and process customer orders and facilitate electronic billing (EDI).
- Cross-train and ensure quality and timely customer service back-up in the absence of the primary Account/Product Manager due to travel, vacation, sick, etc.
- Assist designated Account Manager with managing transportation logistics for customers that require delivered terms of sale.
- As directed by the Customer Service Manager and Account Manager, coordinate, communicate and assist with day to day duties relating to export orders, phytos, bookings and all purchase orders related to export orders.
- Communicate and stay well-connected with customers.
- Perform business in a professional, ethical, and moral manner.
- Perform additional duties as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. A strong work ethic, unsurpassed integrity, confidentiality, punctuality, and job dedication is essential to be successful in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- College Education & Bilingual a plus
- Maintain positive relationships with customers, receivers, and employees at all levels.
- Must be willing and able to work Monday through Friday and alternating Saturdays; occasional travel will be required.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Attention to detail and strong organization skills.
- Ability to work within a team environment; problem solve, complete tasks independently, and learn new skills and tasks as needed.
- Strong work ethic and desire to succeed.
- Ability to efficiently organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Good grammar, voice and diction.
- Must possess computer proficiency and keyboarding skills including familiarity with the computer programs of Word and Excel.
- Must have strong commitment to company values and the ability to work in a team and sales driven environment.
Generally, works in an office environment but may occasionally be required to
perform job duties outside of the typical office setting. A smoke-free work environment.
Please note: This job description is to be used as an overview of your job responsibilities, and is subject to change or revision as determined by management. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is not and does not imply a contract of employment in any way. Either the employee or the company may terminate the employment relationship at-will, at anytime, with or without prior notice and with our without cause.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.