TAYLOR FARMS RETAIL, INC.
DUAL REPORTING TO: CONTROLLER & DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
Overview: As a member of the Finance/Accounting team, the Cost Accountant will support the financial affairs of the organization and assist with preparation of financial analysis of operations, including interim and annual financial statements with supporting schedules, for the guidance of management.
Requirements: The right candidate will be an enthusiastic individual with an ability to thrive in a detail-oriented and fast-paced environment. We are looking for an experienced, hands-on accounting/finance individual familiar with manufacturing operations.
- Assist the Controller with day-to-day operations of the Department, including but not limited to:
- Prepare weekly P&L reporting
- Assist with month-end closing process
- Performing account reconciliations, analysis, and supporting schedules
- Manage fixed assets and construction in process programs
- Prepare and entering journal entries
- Daily communication with accounting, operations, sales & marketing, and management with respect to ongoing closing procedures
Assist the Director of Finance with ongoing business improvements and analysis, including but not limited to:
- Maintain Items master and Bills of materials related to items
- Maintain standard costs and yields
- Provide standard and ad hoc reports relating to variance analysis and business margins
- Assist in analytical reporting, budgeting and forecasting
- Collaborate with the accounting and operations teams on internal projects
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- BS degree with emphasis in Accounting, Finance or other related field
- 3 - 5 years of hands-on accounting experience with AP, AR, GL and month-end close in a manufacturing or agriculture environment
- Self-motivated and able to work collaboratively with a diverse group
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate strong analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality and accuracy while meeting deadlines
- Must continuously look for process improvements
- Excellent Excel knowledge – ability to provide financial modeling and spreadsheet creation
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.