Growers Express is one of the West’s finest grower/shipper of fresh vegetables, is currently looking for a Robotics Technician.The Robotics Technician is responsible for the execution of daily production, maintenance, validation and support related to Robotics systems. They will produce technical reports to include product quality, process, shelf life, and operational efficiency for review by Technical Services Department. Coordinate with Production and Food Safety departments to ensure any and all requirements are met. Oversee personnel assigned to complete outlined projects.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute maintenance and troubleshooting of Robotics system components, to include any mechanical, electrical, or communications issues.
- Work with Technical Services, Production, and Food Safety Departments to develop and evaluate processes for improving production, as well as identify and address any challenges with regard to product quality and safety.
- Validate and improve equipment design and function.
- Identify and make recommendations for opportunities to improve product quality or production efficiency.
- Implement inspection protocols designed to ensure processes meets designed specifications.
- Supervise and train any employees assigned to execute tasks outlined by experimental/production procedures.
- Use a wide variety of tools and methods to evaluate product quality.
- Use experience and creative thinking to apply different technologies to achieve stated goals.
- Communicate findings of any experiments, either written or verbally, with managers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to work independently is required.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and internet applications, notably Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Maintains and regularly updates standard operating procedures
- Familiarity (2+ years) with mechanical and electrical systems
- Experience with heavy equipment, HMIs, networking is desirable
- Willing and able to troubleshoot in fast -pace setting
- Strong interpersonal and supervisory skills required
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
- Required to stand or be around machinery for long periods of time.
- The employee will be to required to stand; walk; crouch; use hands to touch and handle tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- Generally, works in an production environment but may occasionally be required to Perform job duties outside of the typical office setting.
- Cold storage food manufacturing facility (34-38 F) with heavy, sophisticated equipment.
•Monday through Saturday and alternating Sundays as needed.
This is a full-time position offering excellent competitive benefits and working in a highly positive but demanding culture with our rapidly growing company.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.