Title: Crop Adviser
Location: South San Joaquin Valley / Desert South West
Ag Laboratory & Consulting is seeking a unique and driven individual to fulfill the position of Crop Adviser / Agronomist. This individual will be responsible for attracting new clients within his or her sales territory as well as provide agronomic recommendations and support to help clients understand the laboratory and irrigation information provided by Ag Laboratory & Consulting (ALC). It is ALC’S goals to support our clients to the highest level in the field of agronomy by supporting all recommendations with infield experience along with data generated from our laboratory analysis and irrigation monitoring technology.
- Management of existing customer base.
- Identify new key customers, understand their business, determine their needs and develop agronomic plans that integrate ALC’s products and services.
- Communicate to the district management the initiatives, objectives, strategies, and action plans.
- Point person for managing the support resources for the territory including laboratory services and irrigation monitoring product line.
- Responsible for sales territory budgeting, forecasting and analysis.
- Responsible for following credit policies and managing risk for the company.
- Development of annual business plan that optimizes growth and profitability for the territory.
- Implement marketing and sales plans; establish and meet sales goals; and network with industry representatives to expand sales opportunities.
- Build product and market knowledge to add understanding and credibility.
- Become primary contact between your customers and ALC including deliveries, forecasting, credit, complaint handling, custom application, etc.
- Strictly follow all company policies which includes safety & regulatory.
- Bachelor's degree in crop science, Soil, Horticulture, and or agronomy related crop production
- 2 years’ sales experience preferred.
- Knowledge of soil chemistry, water management, and crop fertility
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Willingness to travel
- Must demonstrate knowledge of fertilizers (dry and liquid).
- Proficient with computers utilizing Microsoft Windows and Windows applications.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Salary DOE + Company vehicle, Health Insurance, Vision/Dental Insurance, Sick, Vacation, Holidays, Incentives, etc.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES: CCA or PCA Licenses required, eligible candidates may be considered. Valid state motor vehicle operator’s license. This position requires the safe operation of a motor vehicle to perform the essential functions of the job. The employee must meet the qualifications set forth in our motor vehicle safety policy.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Please send Resume & Cover Letter below.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.