JOB TITLE: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)-Agriculture
LOCATION: Orange Cove, CA
POSITION SUMMARY: The CFO is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, to include the development of financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction.
- Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives.
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans.
- Develop financial and tax strategies.
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes.
- Will have have responsibility for overseeing human resources functions.
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team.
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team.
- Oversee the accounting, IT, human resources, legal, tax, and treasury departments.
- Manage any third parties to which accounting or finance functions have been outsourced.
- Oversee the company's transaction processing systems.
- Implement operational best practices.
- Oversee all employee benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package.
- Supervise acquisition due diligence and negotiate real property acquisitions and sales.
- Oversee the issuance of financial information.
- Report financial results to the General Manager.
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile.
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry.
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems.
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage.
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and all government agencies.
- Report risk issues to the General Manager.
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations.
- Monitor banking activities of the organization.
- Monitor cash balances, cash flow, and cash forecasts for multiple cost centers.
- Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organization's needs.
- Arrange for debt and equity financing.
- Invest funds.
- Fulfill trustee and fiduciary responsibilities of 401(k) plan.
- Maintain banking relationships.
- Maintain insurance broker relationships.
- Represent the company with all third party CPA’s, auditors, and legal counsels.
- Working knowledge of agricultural industry, state water issues and food safety preferred.
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting or Finance or 10 years related accounting and finance management experience as substitute for degree; Masters, MBA or CPA preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience in general accounting, finance, payroll, tax, audit, and/or treasury, including 5 years’ experience managing a professional staff responsible for some or all of the above functions.
- GAAP, government, regulatory and compliance requirements, accounting and finance reporting software, sound management principles.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE/MENTAL SKILLS/ABILITIES:
Financial Planning and Strategy, Managing Profitability, Strategic Planning, Vision, Quality Management, Promoting Process Improvement, Forecasting, Corporate Finance, Developing Budgets, Financial Skills, Dealing with Complexity. Must be able to maintain a valid CA driver’s license with the ability to be insured under company sponsored liability coverage. Must be able to fulfill essential duties and responsibilities of the position in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees in this job. It is not exhaustive of all the job’s responsibilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.