Operational oversight of citrus greenhouses (seed to two-year old trees);
Management of greenhouse energy usage to optimize plant growth;
Supervise best use of chemicals and fertilizers in both the nursery and orchard;
Maintain plant health through transport from nursery to orchard;
Organization and maintenance of greenhouse and orchard records;
Compliance with industry and governmental regulatory requirements;
Management of nursery personnel;
Scouting and writing PCA recommendations for both nursery and orchard.
Applicant must have horticultural knowledge in soil nutrient and water requirements for optimal plant growth. Applicant will be given opportunity to learn latest citrus industry practices, applicable technologies, and to be influential in decisions relating to same. Continuing education in development of new varieties will be provided.
- Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in English; verbally and written. Conversational Spanish is highly desired.
- Valid driver’s license required
- PCA license highly desired.
Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent experience in nursery management.
- A strong work ethic, team player attitude, attention to detail, and job dedication is essential to be successful in this position
- Proven ability to handle multiple conflicting priorities
- Excellent communication and strong organizational skills required
Mulholland Citrus is a prominent citrus nursery with leadership history, and a congenial atmosphere. We are a highly organized company with a long history of developing new methodologies and adopting new technologies.
Commensurate with experience and education. Salary plus full benefits.
Send resume below.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.