Equipment Manager Position:
We are a well - established Farm Management Company with 20,000+/acres from Fresno to the Grapevine under management. We are looking for an Equipment Manager who is looking for a position where he/she can make a real-positive impact, where his/her skills will be appreciated & rewarded, where his/her ideas/suggestions will be valued and you meet the other criteria below, send us your resume.
Summary/Objective The equipment manager is responsible for planning, coordinating, directing and managing the operations of all equipment, all operators and all mechanics/service technicians for effective maintenance and repair programs, equipment safety programs and equipment use on company job sites. Proper equipment set-up and operational oversight are essential components of this position. The position will also assist the management team with equipment budgets and potential equipment purchases.
Essential FunctionsReasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversee all maintenance, repair and equipment set-up activities of all farm equipment, operators and shops
- Inspects equipment on a regular basis to comply with company equipment management plan.
- Responsible for selecting the correct tractor and implement combination to effectively and efficiently achieve the desired end-result
- Coordinates training sessions for both new and existing equipment with the operators as needed.
- Monitors and tracks equipment on a daily basis by job site, type and use.
- Prepares purchase orders for rental equipment; tracks each piece of rented equipment by job site and job number.
- Coordinates repairs and maintenance with mechanics; generates purchase orders for repairs or required maintenance.
- Oversees the purchasing tools and any supplies needed for the equipment, shop or crew.
- Effectively communicate with Management and staff
- Provides management with budget analysis of equipment operations including rentals and repairs as requested.
- Reconciles vendor accounts at the end of the month as needed.
- Minimum 5 years verifiable hands-on experience with orchard/permanent crop equipment operations and set-up including but limited to proper set up of discs, mowers, shredders, sprayer calibration & operations.
- Pesticide Applicators License and/or PCA license or ability to obtain
- Verifiable working knowledge of all aspects of orchard/permanent crop equipment repair & maintenance work.
- Verifiable ability to “get the job done” attitude – during peak season(s), this job will require extended hours.
- Fluent in Spanish and English - both written and spoken.
- Class A license preferred
- Clean DMV and Clean Drug test.
Supervisory Responsibility - This position supervise/manage between 3 – 25 employees
Work Environment - While performing the duties of this job:
- The employee will be exposed to outdoor weather conditions
- Agricultural/farm environmental conditions, including but in limited to dust, pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers, fuels etc.
- At times, this position will be high stress due to time constraints, work load and other variables.
- During peak work periods extended hours will be required.
Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift or move up to 25 pounds. The employee will be required to walk on uneven, soft soils, get in, under and around farm equipment. Employee acknowledges that they understand that they are applying for a position in the agricultural/farm industry with all of the unique challenges said industries.
Position Type/Expected Hours of WorkThis is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Saturday, hours to be flexible with the understanding that the required job tasks are being performed/completed on a daily basis. NOTE: Evening and weekend work will be required as job duties demand.
TravelTravel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Other DutiesPlease note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Up to $60,000+/year DOE
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.