Job Title: Accounts Payable Clerk (Full –Time)
Company: Agricultural Service Business (Application Division, Retail Store & Fabrication Shop) with locations in Yuma, AZ, Gonzales, CA & Watsonville, CA
We are looking for an organized person to complement our team and fulfill accounting functions in our corporate office in Gonzales, CA. The position is responsible for accounting and administrative activities to ensure the proper general ledger coding and prompt payment of vendor invoices.
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for all workflow activities of the accounts payable department including but not limited to the processing of accounts payable transactions.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Daily invoice coding & computer input into a general ledger system
- Track and take advantage of vendor discount opportunities
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Print and obtain signatures on all accounts payable checks
- Organize supporting documents and maintaining historical records for all AP transactions.
- Resolve account discrepancies by investigating documentation; issuing stop payments, payments, or adjustments.
- Process credit applications and maintaining integrity of vendors files.
- Assist account manager with special projects as necessary
- Answer phones and referring calls to appropriate personnel.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.