Job Title: Order Management Specialist
Job Location: Salinas CA
The fourth largest seed company in the world. Limagrain is an international cooperative group created and directed by French farmers. As a creator and producer of plant varieties, Limagrain markets field seeds, vegetable seeds, and cereal products.
Vilmorin SA, Business Unit of Group Limagrain, a company headquartered in France; specializes in the breeding, production, and marketing of vegetable seeds and tree seeds for professional farmers worldwide. The diversity within our multicultural teams drives the company’s growth strategy through quality products, expertise, and commitments to excellence.
Purpose: The Order Management Specialist has the responsibility to manage orders daily. They are the key link in communication with our customers for order/inventory questions. The individual works closely with our shipping department/vendors to ensure that every order is processed and delivered on time. The Order Management Specialist is the primary point of contact for customer service, order fulfillment, procurement and scheduling against forecast, etc.
Essential Operational Tasks:
- Acquire familiarity with our products and suppliers; develop a positive working relationship with all staff, vendors, and customers
- Manage bookings/POAs in collaboration with sales representatives
- Manage special pricing in collaboration with sales representatives
- Work with A/R to maintain accurate customer files
- Order processing from sales representatives, customers, and dealers (including international backup)
- Procure the seed necessary to fill the request while keeping costs to a minimum
- Work with Quality Control to ensure all necessary seed information is obtained and inputted into system
- Ensure proper inventory is always in adequate supply; book seed when necessary, including reviewing forecast and working with sales staff to ensure adequate supply of seed
- Work with Quality Control to ensure seed quality standards are met on inventory
- Coordinate Enhancements of seed in accordance to forecast and working with sales representatives
- Maintain system to assure accurate inventories for various warehouse locations
- Manage packaged inventory ensuring adequate supply for customer needs
- Other duties as assigned (may involve assisting other departments
- Relative experience desirable but not required
- BSTI, JDE or similar inventory software program.
- Strong computer skills (MS word, excel, outlook).
- Minimum 2 years’ customer service and or planning experience preferred
- Experience with preparing documents (phytosanitary certificates, certificates of origin) preferred
- Prior experience and working knowledge of seed industry desirable but not required
- Spanish speaking a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.