Sea Mist Farms is the largest grower of artichokes in the world. The Company farms approximately 3,000 artichoke row crop acres annually.
This position is responsible for filling the water truck daily and wetting the fields to keep dust off our crops. Will be assigned to work outdoors in cold or hot climates and wet conditions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drive and maintain a fully loaded (26,001 pound plus) water truck
- Fill the water tank and transport as needed
- Detaching and attaching hoses
- May oil, grease, service and make normal operating adjustments to equipment
- Desire to do a good job day in and day out with the understanding that keeping the dust off crops is very important to the successful cultivation of vegetable crops
CORE SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Previous agriculture experience is highly desired.
- Individuals must be able to lift and carry 50 lbs. short distances.
- Work hours will vary; however, must be able to work a 60 hour work week and overtime as required (including Sunday, usually during our growing season).
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred; requires continuing education as pertinent to role.
- The following skills and abilities are required;
- Lift and carry 50 pounds (heavy hoses) on a regular basis throughout the day
- Ability to learn and remember how to operate small pumps required–to fill the water truck
- Follow directions from a lead supervisor; work responsibly alone without continuous supervision. Will maintain communication with manager, fellow employees and field personnel
- Frequent driving, shifting gears, sitting, climbing, bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling is required
- Employees will expected to;
- Possess and maintain a valid Class B California Driver’s License
- Pass the required physical fitness and medical exams required by DMV to allow maintenance of the required driver’s licenses and certifications
- Ability to work, day, swing, and night shifts (sometimes long hours)
- Participate in Sea Mist Farms’ DMV Pull Notice Program and submit to the DOT random drug and alcohol testing program
- Safely climb and access heavy equipment
- Follow safety guidelines and work safely around and with equipment and other personnel
- Willing to work and have reliable transportation
Outstanding Produce. Outstanding Talent.
Serious candidates must submit a cover letter and resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.