SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Reports to the VP of Ag Operations. The primary responsibility is to be a liason between the company and the growers to schedule harvest. The individual in this role will be working closely with Sales and Production to ensure accurate information is created and distributed in a timely manner. This person will also work with Growers in providing necessary information for billing purposes. This person will also work independently with minimum supervision.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct and oversee raw product forecasts
- Schedule harvest crews
- Effectively communicate with sales and production on a daily basis
- Schedule fields for harvest in a timely manner with growers, PCA’s
- Maintain quality standards for raw product
- Work with VP of Ag Operations to provide a steady supply of raw product (buying or selling when needed)
- Work with growers and vendors to strengthen the raw product program through variety selection and cultural practices
- Work with management creating and maintaining budgets
- Work with VP of Ag Operations to manage P/L
- Work with accounting to maintain accurate grower and harvest records
- Research and implement innovative ideas into the program
- Work with food safety department maintaining safety standards and scheduling of raw product micro sampling
- Recruit and develop talent into the Ag Operations department
- Work with VP of Ag Operations to internalize harvest of raw product
- Work with management team on future projects; including but not limited to sourcing new vegetable products for a new processing plant
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this position. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.
- 10 years or more of fresh produce production and harvest experience
- Bilingual fluent in English and Spanish
- Travel to the company’s seasonal producing areas including extended periods of time (5 months in Yuma, AZ and 7 months in Salinas, CA)
- Clean DMV record
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Ag Business or in related field or combined with experience.
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
- Read, write and understand the English language
- Sense of urgency and self-motivation; ability to work independently
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Computer literacy with ability to learn new computer software programs
- Must be able to utilize technologies to streamline work processes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must have strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must demonstrate analytical skills as well as be able to focus attention on details when necessary.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and be customer service oriented.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, to initiate new ideas, to audit and correct errors, to communicate clearly and accurately internally and to the grower community instilling trust, to resolve unexpected issues quickly, to keep information confidential, to schedule tasks to meet deadlines.
- Prolonged sitting or walking on uneven ground
- May be required to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs
- Hand dexterity and strength.
- Work performed indoors and out in a extreme climates
GreenGate Fresh does not tolerate discrimination of any type, and offers equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, natural origin, age, disability or medical condition, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or any other considerations made unlawful by Federal, State or local laws. We believe in providing eligible and qualified employees with opportunities to advance. GreenGate Fresh is an at-will employer.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.