Agricultural Field Technician wanted
Hortau is an industry leading irrigation management company. Founded in 2002 by two soil physicists who designed a revolutionary new soil moisture sensor, which allows farmers to water more efficiently. Since then, Hortau has been working to develop a complete remote sensing and control platform. Today we offer a full range of monitoring systems and have the ability to fully automate the irrigation practices of agricultural fields. From frost protection, to pest management, to automated irrigation systems, to weather data, and more. Hortau is an industry leader and rapidly expanding to new territories, that means our support team needs to grow to match. We are searching for a hard-working, technically savvy, and detail-oriented lead service technician to join our team.
The position requires a detail-oriented person who is independent and self-driven. Willingness to work outdoors in all types of weather, willingness to travel, computer competency, and problem solving skills are all a must. Spanish speaking is a plus but not required. Agricultural backgrounds are also a plus but strong technical knowledge comes first. The right person will be able to work closely with our customers and salespeople to keep customers satisfied and to keep the system working smoothly.
This career can be very rewarding for the right person. If you want to be part of an industry that is taking farming to the next level and have a great opportunity for growth with an industry leader. Send your resume and a cover letter telling us why you should be part of our team.
Job Title: Field Technician
Reports to: Technical Support Manager
Status: Non-Exempt, Full-time
Summary: Accountable for installation, maintenance, and upkeep of company software and hardware in the field. Has daily interactions with clients and management. Operates following scheduled Work Orders. Interacts with online platform to verify schedule and input completed work for review by superiors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute daily Work Order Schedule
- Installation of equipment.
- Diagnosis, troubleshooting, reporting, and maintenance of said equipment.
- Must efficiently manage time according to schedule set by direct supervisor.
- Must monitor and record hours in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Engages in daily interactions with customers regarding technical support.
- Must maintain high level of communication with the territory sales rep to understand customer base.
- Must report every new request from customers in the company’s centralized Call Log.
- Uses company approved software for bi-weekly financial reports to Operations Manager.
- Must review, address, and complete posted Work Orders in company approved software.
- Responsible for maintenance and upkeep of company assets: vehicle, credit card, apparel, etc.
- In charge of managing service inventory stored in company vehicle.
- Report to monthly meetings at head office to review new procedures and collect inventory.
- All related tasks.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.