Fruit Growers Supply Company has a vacancy for a Manager, Operations and Technical Service, reporting to General Manager, Packing Services.
Will be discussed with qualified applicant at the time of the interview.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Completes all safety training programs and follows all safety procedures required by Fruit Growers Supply Company. Supports all safe work practices and policies.
- Manages the service personnel who provide service to the packinghouses on a daily basis.
- Documents and manages performance reviews of all direct reports.
- Advises packinghouse personnel on practical issues such as equipment specifications, heating requirements or water discharge management.
- Utilizes advanced knowledge of fruit coating application equipment to amend the applications and improve efficiency of the processes required to treat various fruits.
- Responsible for all chemical application and fungicide reporting to the affected counties where treatment occurs.
- Utilizes knowledge of the harvesting process, transport, packing and storage of fruit in making decisions.
- Responsible for managing problems that are encountered in the processes of fruit harvesting and packing and for suggesting process improvements.
- Recommends and coordinates studies and research that would be beneficial to the packer and shipper.
- Knowledge of postharvest diseases, their prevention, and control.
- Knowledge of fungicide resistance assessment and management
- Being able to provide support, and advise for compliance for the export markets.
- Being able to provide advising on MRL’s requirements for the domestic and export markets.
- Being able to conduct efficacy tests with current and new materials to prevent and control decay.
- Knowledge of basic fruit physiology in cold storage, degreening rooms, etc.
- Other duties as may be required.
Customary Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Food Science and Technology, Plant Science, Microbiology, or other closely related field or equivalent.
- Five years experience in the post-harvest industry including fruit handling and applied research.
- Must possess or be willing to obtain through the California Department of Pesticide Regulation a QAL license and a PCA license.
- Must possess a valid unrestricted driver’s license. May be required to travel away from home as business dictates.
- Must be willing and able to lift 40 lbs. on an occasional basis.
NOTE: This is a general description of the position and is not a full description of all duties. Specifics will be discussed at the time of any interview.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.