Watsonville Coast Produce, Inc. is a fresh fruit and vegetable wholesaler and distributor with a full line of both organic and conventional product offerings. We currently have a great opportunity for a Driver Supervisor.
The Driver Supervisor will be responsible for coordinating the safe and efficient delivery and pick-up of fresh produce and other goods. Supervisor will regularly audit current delivery and pick-up routes and identify opportunities for efficiency improvements without sacrificing safety and customer service. Additionally, the Driver Supervisor will be staffing and scheduling for multi-stop delivery routes while complying with DOT regulations to include driver hours of service and training requirements. Qualified candidates will be self-driven and have a dedicated focus in workplace safety, food safety, quality, efficiency, customer service and continuous improvement.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership by setting an example, being a team-leader and engaging employees
- Nurture a culture of safety and responsibility amongst all employees
- Responsible for driver selection, orientation, monthly safety training and DOT compliance
- Train drivers in roles and responsibilities regarding logistic strategies
- Regularly audit delivery routes and conduct weekly/monthly/quarterly feedback sessions with driver
- Collaborate with other departments in identifying solutions for routing, customer service, accounting and delivery time issues and ensure implementation of corrective actions to exceed customer expectations
- Forecast driver and routing needs to assist for holidays and special events to avoid any disruption to the normal delivery schedule
- Coordinate new customer delivery site analysis for safe and efficient deliveries
- Conduct thorough accident investigations for all driver related accidents
- Monitor Food Safety compliance and employee adherence to company Food Safety Standards
- Supervise dispatcher and ensure all delivery/pickup routes and duties are carried out safely and efficiently
- Enforce policies and procedures for product delivery (truck cleanliness, temperature and service)
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
Skills and Specifications
- Ability to take and follow direction
- Ability to analyze information, make decisions, problem solve, prioritize assignments and lead an ever-changing work environment
- Ability to interact effectively and appropriately withsubordinates and management
- Ability to be a team player, motivate and work well under pressure
- Conduct the business of company with the highest ethics and level of integrity
- Capable of preserving confidential or sensitive information
- Effective time management, organization and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication, leadership, and customer service skills
- Strong communication skills in writing and verbal
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook fleet tracking software
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50lbs (case of produce)
- Able to ascend and descend stairs
- Able to bend, stoop, push, kneel and reach
- Ability to work in wet and cold environments
- Minimum of 3 years driver supervisory experience
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus
- Knowledge of produce, workplace safety, food safety and distribution
- Must have multi-stop routing experience
- Must be highly knowledgeable in Department of Transportation (DOT) Intrastate & Interstate regulations
- Must poses current CA Class A commercial license
- Must pass pre-employment background, physical, drug screen, and motor vehicle report
Interested candidates must be able to work a flexible schedule and extended hours as required by business operations.
Watsonville Coast Produce, Inc. offers a stable and professional working environment with competitive salary, excellent employee benefits consisting of health, dental, vision and life insurance, paid holidays, paid vacation, paid sick leave and a 401k plan.
This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Individual may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their department leader, subject to reasonable accommodation. This position description is not all inclusive and subject to change.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we take pride in the diversity and dedication of our staff.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.