Food Safety Manager:
The main responsibilities of this position is to maintain an effective Food Safety Program by staying abreast of and implementing all LGMA’s, GAP’s and GHP’s; to manage the sanitation team, and prepare for and complete all seasonal food safety audits enabling the company to achieve a superior passing score.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Keep up to date on local/state/federal requirements as they relate to food safety (FDA, USDA, County Ag Commissioner, etc.).
- Complete and file all required reports and documentation.
- Schedule and perform all food safety tests and inspections on product samples as needed.
- Manage company’s sanitation team to ensure proper equipment cleaning and sanitation.
- Arrange and participate in all food safety audits with both buyers and third party auditors.
- Develop and lead audit process.
- Design food safety processes for risk assessment that meet globally recognized standards.
- Audit various food safety program elements for effectiveness, identify issues and develop corrective action plans.
- Assess all types of risk including equipment contact, environmental concerns, human contact, and general harvest and sanitation processes.
- Maintain “Trace Back” and “Recall” systems and follow through to resolution.
- Investigate all food safety related customer commodity rejections; recommend and/or coordinate corrective actions.
- Develop, write, and implement food safety Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points procedures (HAACP).
- Train sanitation team to correctly follow food safety SOP’s,) and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points procedures (HAACP).
- Oversee utilization and effectiveness of established food safety systems and drive continuous improvement of systems.
- Minimum of four years related experience
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Bilingual (English & Spanish)
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Computer proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Ability to understand all safety requirements and cautions
- Ability to perform the physical labor necessary
- Knowledge of all aspects of agriculture procedures and positions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Accurately complete detailed forms and reports
- Interpret complex laws, regulations, and/or policies
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be willing to work any schedule (weekends and OT may be required)
- Ability to work outdoors in heat or cold and wet environments
We are a progressive company that believes in management through empowerment. We encourage responsible autonomy, creative thinking, and team work to achieve our goals. We offer a competitive salary range and a comprehensive benefit package with medical, dental, vision, 401(k), long & short term disability, life insurance, paid vacation, per diem in Yuma, a variety of employee incentive programs, and a bonus plan based on company profitability.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.