Automated Harvesting LLC provides a high quality, cost effective harvesting solution utilizing the most efficient harvesting practices, while challenging the common conventions and industry norms of harvesting through automation, robotics and innovation.
Our operations are year-round, harvesting in California in the summer and Arizona during the winter season. The target goal of the company is to harvest the highest quality vegetables while utilizing the most ergonomic and effective automated harvesting equipment available.
We are a progressive company that believes in management through empowerment. We encourage responsible autonomy, creative thinking, and team work to achieve our goals. We offer a competitive salary range and a comprehensive benefit package with medical, dental, vision, 401(k), long & short-term disability, life insurance, paid vacation, per diem in Yuma, a variety of employee incentive programs, and a bonus plan based on company profitability.
POSITION TITLE: Harvesting Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Automated Harvesting General Manager
BASIC FUNCTION: The Harvesting Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of all aspects of the automated and hand harvesting operation related to their specific crop(s).
Essential Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Supervises daily harvesting operation of assigned crop(s)
- Supervises harvest team: tractor drivers and machine operators
- Coordinates field harvesting operation with contract labor foremen
- Collaborates with DOT administrator/dispatcher to ensure efficient transportation of product
- Inspects, plans, and forecasts quality and quantity of product available for future harvesting
- Responsible for harvesting equipment
- trains, delegates and ensures that employees comply with proper operation of equipment
- performs, and delegates the performance, of daily inspections
- follows, and motivates others to follow, equipment safety procedures
- understands and cooperates with Food Safety to manage the sanitation of equipment
- reports repair & maintenance issues to maintenance manager
- Complies with company procedures and policies
- Motivates employees to understand and comply with company procedures and policies
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency
- Collaborates & communicates with general manager, human resources, food safety, plant receiving & Q.A., dispatcher, and maintenance manager
- Prepares and delivers harvest documentation to the appropriate personnel: GM, HR, DOT and Food Safety managers
- Reports employee infractions to HR in an equitable and consistent manner
- Assists in recruitment efforts and ensures new employees are processed through HR in accordance with legal requirements
- Attends management meetings to share information regarding crops, employees and issues needing attention
Requirements / Qualifications:
- Travels with the company between harvesting regions (Salinas/Yuma)
- At least 5 years of continuous and current harvest management experience
- Bi-lingual, bi-literate in English/Spanish, must be able to write in both English & Spanish
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and train employees
- Consistent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to organize multiple tasks and priorities while remaining calm and focused
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong basic mathematical skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division)
- Basic Computer literacy: email, Excel data entry, electronic devices and applications, texting, etc.
- Celery experience Highly Desirable
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.