MISSION: To educate Christians who will make a difference in the world for Jesus Christ.
To honor and serve God in educating Christian students as productive practitioners in the Agriculture industry. Passion for the industry and building a new degree program from the ground up are essential.
- Promote passion for the Agriculture Industry and degree program as a channel to reach the world for Christ
- Develop curriculum and design the Agriculture Science and Management degree program
- Teach 6-9 FTE each semester in appropriate areas of expertise within the school
- Inspire others to integrate personal discipleship and ministry into the Agricultural Industry
- Bring deeply developed and growing Agriculture Industry relationships and contacts
- Utilize effective dealings with people from various constituencies within the Ag industry to grow the program through recruitment and teaching
- Perform other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Brings established reputation and credibility as a practitioner (farmer, rancher or food production with boots on the ground experience.
- Demonstrated ability in curriculum development with the ability to design and shape an Agriculture Sciences and Management degree program.
- Demonstrated ability to relate to students in a way that exhibits sound biblical integration inside the curriculum.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the FFA and 4-H programs with an open mind concerning the ability of these organizations to contribute to the Corban Agriculture program.
- Demonstrated understanding of the issues facing today’s Western USA Agriculture Industry.
- Passionately collaborative in nature.
- Ability to organize, motivate, and positively influence others to meet established goals.
- Committed to developing the gifts and talents of those being served.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common educational journals/reports, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from students, parents, alumni, or members of the education and business community.
- Ability to present effectively information to public and/or on-campus groups.
- Ability to use business tools such as Excel, Word, Outlook, and Power Point.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Master’s Degree required; MS preferred.
Business experience within the agriculture industry sector is required.
Experience in higher education teaching is preferred.
Administrative experience managing a group is preferred.
Experience in and understanding of global agriculture in permanent and row crop full production settings is preferred.
Global perspective with international experience a plus.
Evangelical Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with the university’s mission as described in our Statement of Faith.
Candidates should value an environment that reflects the diversity of God’s kingdom, engages in global concerns and connects culturally.
Traditional office environment. Regular working hours with occasional evening and weekend obligations. Some travel and weekend/evening work related to building the program.
Corban University is a private comprehensive university of liberal arts, ministry, and professional studies with a mission to educate Christians who will make a difference in the world for Jesus Christ. All employees are expected to model servant leadership in all aspects of their work. Corban values and recruits for a workforce that is diverse in gender, age, ethnicity, race, and/or ability, and seeks employees who will interact with the Corban community in a way that reflects a commitment to cultural proficiency. Where permitted by law and consistent with the school’s history, mission, and core values, Corban exercises religious preference throughout the University. Employees must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, agree with the University Statement of Faith, evidence a mature Christian faith, and be an active member of a Bible-believing, Gospel-preaching local church.
Interested candidates must submit all of the following:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vitae and transcripts
- Brief testimony of your Christian faith and statement of current ministry involvement
- Three letters of recommendation
- Completed Corban faculty application found on our website: www.corban.edu/employment
Send or email to:
Dean Hoff School of Business
5000 Deer Park Drive SE
Salem, OR 97317
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.