Title: Shipping and Receiving Supervisor
Location: Oxnard, California
Division/Department: Shipping & Receiving
Classification: Specialized position, hourly-Sick,
Benefits: Vacation, medical, dental and vision and 401 available.
Pay Scale: Based on Experience
JOB SUMMARY: Oxnard Produce Company is looking for Shipping and Receiving bilingual candidates with minimum 5 years’ experience. Must be computer literate. Must submit resume with 3 prior work references for consideration.
A Packing House Shipping and Receiving Supervisor has overall responsibility for the daily operations of the shipping and receiving department. Supervising packing house employees. Establishing and maintaining quality control standards. These standards encompass the company’s facilities as well as its fresh produce packs/products. Procuring all materials necessary for ongoing packing house operations. Oversee all packing house operations which would include but are not limited to shipping, receiving, inventory management, staffing/scheduling, packing, personal safety and food safety. Must have an in depth knowledge of Food Processing Equipment and the ability to trouble shoot problems as they arise. This position requires in-depth knowledge of scales, baggers and controls. Oversight of all packing house equipment maintenance. They will work with other Production Managers to ensure management coverage is always available to ensure the production goals are met.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- You must be highly detail oriented and proficient at the administrative tasks associated with a complex Operations process.
- Demonstrate good communication and listening skills.
- Ability to fluently speak, read, and write English and Spanish is required.
- Ability to lead others in a respectful manner that motivates the Team to strive for success.
- Ability to lead by example and also involve others in the decision making process (team player)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and be flexible by adjusting priorities.
- Demonstrate ability to problem solve effectively and efficiently. Requires excellent attention to detail, analytical, and math skills.
- Maintain regular communication with sales, buying, packing house and transportation staff to ensure operations procedures are meeting companies’ high level of expectations.
- Implement necessary packing house policy and procedures to effectively control operations.
- Conduct staff/employee meetings to monitor all aspects of warehousing, maintenance, Shipping & Receiving and transportation operations.
- Implements and oversees as necessary standard operating procedures to ensure that we are in compliance with all food safety and security standards.
- The manager will coordinate work schedules to make sure such employees do not work overtime when unwarranted.
- The manager shall consult with the Owner, Key Field and Sales staff to establish the companies’ quality standards for its produce. This also includes repackaged product.
- Managing and maintain the company’s Injury and Illness Prevention Program. Conduct safety meetings on a regular basis. Train key personnel on safety matters. Update all forms and complete all necessary documentation. Investigate and follow up on all accidents.
- Correspond and work with local, state and federal regulatory agencies when necessary (i.e. Taxes, permits and licensing) to maintain compliance with each regulatory requirements.
- Establish and maintain production flow to meet value in regulatory requirement.
- Responsible for monthly training of employees.
- Evaluate process flow and make recommendations for process improvements.
- Must be flexible and able to work nights, weekends, and as required to ensure the department is operating efficiently
- Previous experience in the agriculture industry required. Managing or supervisory in Production employees. This includes the hiring, training and when necessary termination of employees.
- Must ensure the direct reports are operating forklift's safely with PPE's at all times.
- Work in a safe manner following all safety procedures, work with Human Resources Manager to ensure compliance.
- Maintain a clean work environment and participate in housekeeping.
- Prolonged standing and repetitive motions, bending, stooping, pushing and pulling.
- Ability to lift/move boxes, containers, and product up to 50 lbs.
- Hand dexterity and strength.
- Must be able to stand and walk for at least 8 hours.
- Must be able to see fine images within a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to differentiate colors.
- Will be required to have a physical presence at various company locations.
- Work performed in a warehouse type facility with temperatures subject to normal environmental conditions.
- Safety glasses, water boots, and gloves required; additional safety equipment provided based on specific job.
- Ability to work in 30 to 38 degree Fahrenheit temperatures for extended periods of time.
- Work surfaces are primarily concrete; personnel will stand while performing their respective job functions, for up to 12 hours a day.
- Employee is regularly exposed to Chlorine (Cl) and Water (H2O) at industry recommended levels that are considered safe.
- Employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- Production floor will be constantly wet.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.