Title: Application Engineer---Horticulture Lighting
Job Description Summary:
Individuals in this position will work as the primary sales engineering for large scale horticulture LED lighting and indoor hydroponic projects. Additionally, this position will support installation, provide sales and technical feedback to the teams related to products and services, and support customer satisfaction post-sale activities, as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Determining customer’sspecific technical requirements and product feature needs;
- Assisting in determining customer’s project scope and definition of work;
- Generating submittal packages (product data sheets; bill of materials; standard and customer drawings; layout and connection detail drawings; return on investment analysis; etc.);
- Creating standard drawings for typical product applications;
- Interfacing with facilities managers, contractors, distributors, architects, and other customer staff to ensure full functionality of products to meet customer needs;
- Participating and/or leading in site-surveys; attending pre-bid and pre-construction meetings when needed;
- Supporting installation activities when needed;
- Participating in product feature development by offering insight into customer needs and industry requirements;
- Providing technical support for customer feedback to engineering, operations and customer solutions;
- Other tasks needed to support and facilitate sales.
- Responsible to maintain and support ERP system in administration and ensure master data accurately and completely.
- BS degree in an engineering discipline or combination of experience and education;
- Experience performing sales application engineering for the commercial lighting industry, building control, with greenhouse/indoor agriculture industries experience preferred;
- Experience performing on-site surveys and plan take-offs for facilities in excess of 100,000 square feet;
- Understanding of project scheduling, task definition and effort estimation;
- Ability to take project from concept to completion;
- Strong design evaluation and documentation writing skills; ability to travel.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short-and-Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Vacation and Holiday Pay
Please send your updated Resume below.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.