Job Title: Manager of Sales/New Business Development
Reports to: General Manager
Location: Gonzales, CA
Start Date: Immediately
3 Star Lettuce is seeking a well-qualified and experienced individual to assist in the continuous core growth and development of the 3 Star Lettuce product lines. As the Sales manager, this position will lead by example, implementing best industry practices and identify new opportunities with current and new customers. Working with an experienced sales group, the individual will establish Company standards, processes, customer concentrations, identify cross selling opportunities, and implement meaningful incentives.
As an equal responsibility, the New Business Development will begin with direct Sales of Organic seed lines. The goal will be to establish a meaningful impact in the market and projected consumer trends, matching with meeting grower’s needs and production supply. Additionally, this role will identify new trends and product offerings that are compatible with the fully integrated model of 3 Star Lettuce.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include the Following:
- Foster a team that is collaborative, knowledgeable and supportive of the business.
- Manage the Sales Group. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the team. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies.
- Planning, assigning, directing work flow; appraising performance, rewarding, disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensure all pricing is accurate and up to date in accordance with the Company’s profitability goals.
- Review A/R reports on a regular basis and follow up with appropriate personnel to
- ensure payments are received on a timely basis.
- Promote a positive Company image an perform duties with a high level of professionalism.
- Provide regular updates summarizing sales calls, customer performance, customer feedback and issues, competitive activity and 3 Star Lettuce product quality.
- Directly responsible for All Organic Sales activities
o Organic Seed sales in all areas.
o Develop and present accurate Organic sales forecasts
o Coordinate Product Development needs
o Develop planting schedules for sales territory
o Coordinate seed deliveries
o Develop complete knowledge of product line
o Collaborate with Customer Service Representative on Inventory Control
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year College or University.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive experience with a minimum of 3 to 5 years in a management or direct role supervising an experienced Sales team.
- Experience working in agriculture and/or vegetable seed industry preferred with an in depth understanding of the growers business and needs.
- Experience working with Organic growing operations desired, but not necessary.
- Willing to travelfrequently and extensively for the Salinas Valley of California, Yuma Arizonaand other areas asbusinessrequires.
- Good social skills and ability to develop long term industry relationships
- Ability to foster and stimulate teamwork within Sales group
- Ability to resolve issues effectively in a professional and timely manner
- Able to evaluate/analyze data accurately and consistently
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must behighly motivated andable to work independently with great attention to detail
- Bi-lingual in English/Spanish preferred
- Must have a clean DMV (driving record)
3 STAR LETTUCE, LLC is a Gonzales, California based lettuce Seed Company. The Company develops, produces, and markets quality lettuce seed products. The company is dynamic and focused on the lettuce industry and is an employer of professional, knowledgeable, and dedicated individuals who work diligently to accomplish the company goals. 3 Star Lettuce, LLC was established in 2001.
3 Star Lettuce is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers an excellent Salary and Benefits package.
Please email resume.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.