RDO Water is looking for talented and ambitious people who thrive on working in a team-oriented culture!
Account Manager – Watsonville, CA - This individual will develop long term partnerships with our customers to build solutions within an assigned territory while promoting all aspects of RDO Water in a professional manner.
Specific Duties Include:
- Use Company provided systems/tools to fully document, track, record, follow-up and capture all related sales activity in a timely and accurate manner. Use of the system should contribute directly to the proposal process, winning the sale, volume, territory awareness, participation, and customer satisfaction.
- Maintain a manageable customer list, while focusing on selling the entire store (i.e., parts, service, and rental).
- Effectively understand and use manufacturers’ programs and resources to attain acceptable market share levels.
- Develop a keen awareness of the competition and competitive products, as well as business and industry trends.
- Coordinate and/or conduct field presentations at customer work site.
- Work in conjunction with Sales Manager, Store Manager and the Purchasing department, responsible for follow-up and expediting orders.
- Accountable for timely follow up on each sale to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Have good communication with customers, management, and team members.
- Coordinate and/or communicate with customers and applicable departments to ensure timely delivery.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
- Conduct self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of RDO Water.
- Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
- Participate in all company/location driven communication efforts, including open book meetings, huddles, department meetings and other related efforts.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
- Prior sales experience and/or training
- Basic Agronomic, Irrigation, Fertigation knowledge
- Strong understanding of local market conditions
- Preferred Certification: Certified Irrigation Designer (CID), Pest Control Advisor (PCA), and Certified Crop Advisor (CCA)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent computer skills
RDO Water is a full-service provider of irrigation solutions, including products, parts, service, equipment rentals and sales, and design and consulting services. The company is a division of RDO Equipment Co. and has eight stores in Arizona, California, and Mexico. Learn more about RDO Water at www.rdowater.com.
Please apply online at www.rdoequipment.com/careers or by following the direct link: https://rn11.ultipro.com/rdo1000/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=9441
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.