- GENERAL SUMMARY:
The Farm Manager will perform vital functions of the daily operations in a manner that is economically successful, strategically oriented, and technically innovative. The Farm Manager will be responsible for all aspects of farming operations, including overseeing farm development, managing the ground prep and planning process as well as executing the day to day cultural growing practices to ensure successful crops.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The Farm Manager will evaluate, plan, organize, and manage all farming operations. The Farm Manager will provide leadership and coordination of general farming administration, accounting, budgeting, and planning of our continued development. The following are essential duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with the annual Farm budget and manage to ensure efficient/profitable operations and ongoing fiscal responsibilities as well as assist with strategic and operational planning;
- Responsible for overseeing the continued planting and development of the production of baby leaf products;
- Direct all activities necessary to operate and support our farm at maximum efficiencies;
- Direct and coordinate overall operations which include farm development, irrigation, and equipment maintenance;
- Ensures practices and protocols contribute towards consistent and premium quality of crop and contributes towards profitability and growth of the company;
- Drives Food Safety & Quality culture within the business;
- Responsible for achieving, sustaining, and continuously improving product quality & quality systems, personnel safety, food safety, personnel development, and financial results;
- Work with other departments to optimize efficiency of farming operations;
- Manage maintenance, repair and replacement of all farming structures, equipment and supplies;
- All other duties as assigned
III. PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the farm manager will work in office, shop, and farm areas. The Farm manager frequently is required to stand for extended period of time, walk and sit and occasionally lift up to 50 lbs. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The environmental exposure is seasonal outdoor temperature.
IV. QUALIFICATIONS-The following qualifications are preferred to successfully accomplish this position:
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in an agriculture field of study or equivalent experience;
- 5+ years of experience with planning, farming, and post-harvest;
- Knowledge in production budgets and creating financial projections;
- Knowledge in food safety, HACCP, GMPs and related protocols;
- Ability to effectively positively lead, motivate, and communicate to employees in English and Spanish;
- Effective and proficient data/spreadsheet analysis, reporting, and communication skills;
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple responsibilities and tasks;
- Ability to work extensive hours, weekends, and ability to travel 30% of the time to satellite locations.
Duncan Family Farms is an equal opportunity employer
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.