Dole Fresh Vegetables has a career opportunity for the senior Dole representative for our Southern growing area. The Sr. Regional Ag Manager develops a sourcing plan for the Desert/Southwest growing regions to meet Dole’s forecast needs for fresh pack and value-added business segments. Provides guidance to Dole senior management on regional industry norms and developments within the region. Maintains relationships with current grower base as well as identifies new growers and suppliers for future strategic growth.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
- Provide guidance to growers in order to improve quality and production
- Manage grower planting plans vs. actual plantings vs. company goals
- Direct the Ag Manager to provide support and knowledge to growers in the region
- Manage initial planting records for each planting by grower, ranch, lot seed variety, acreage, etc.
- Maintain planting schedules and field maps for the region
- Work with growers to develop competitive growing cost budgets
- Negotiate “deals” with growers
- Serve as the subject-matter expert on industry norms and trends
- Solicits new growers and/or available farmland
- Maintains the status of DFV Ag Ops representative, ensuring positive relationships and reputation in the community.
- Manage two direct employees and develop strategic employee development initiatives
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of pests and diseases
- Coordinate seed trials
- Other duties as assigned
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETANCIES:
- Extensive knowledge of planting schedules
- Demonstrated successful experience collaborating with growers. Ability to coordinate planting schedule in order to achieve a uniform flow of harvestable produce
- Demonstrated decision-making capabilities
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and business skills
- Knowledge of environment laws
- Microsoft Word/Excel and PC skills required
- Ability to travel, per business needs
EXERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- 7-10 years’ experience with field operations and supervision of employees
- BS in Agriculture or equivalent work experience
- PCA/CCA License preferred
- Ability to work in various weather conditions.
- Ability to walk fiend in uneven ground.
- Ability to lift 25lbs.
- Ability to climb on harvesting equipment
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.