We are currently seeking to hire a dynamic, experienced Logistics Manager to lead our domestic and international logistics process. The Logistics Manager will be responsible for identifying areas for continuous improvement to streamline processes and reduce costs across the supply chain. Strong experience in time sensitive supply chain and logistics functions in a rapidly growing organization is required. The ideal candidate will be detailed oriented, organized, and well-versed in aspects of international produce logistics including documentation, customs compliance, distribution and transportation. Working experience in the area of freight forwarding or a similar function is strongly desired.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance to all transportation (Ocean, Air, Truck) Service Providers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all third party service providers
- Negotiate all service contracts, ensuring the collection and enforcement of business requirements
- Monitor inventory and lead-time process management
- Manage and execute logistics process flows
- Act as the logistics liaison between our customers, sales team and food safety coordinator
- Possess working knowledge of Import/Export compliance procedures
- Continuously improve processes, strengthen talent, and pursue cost savings opportunities across all modes of transportation.
- Provide shipment activity analysis
- Maintain a Transportation/Vendor Management System
- Knowledge of Famous Software, strongly preferred
- Bilingual (English/Spanish), strongly preferred
- Minimum of three years of experience in relevant field
- Strong people leadership skills
- Associates Degree or higher
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Strong negotiation, analytical, and decision making skills
- Strong Excel skills
Salary & Benefits:
- Family Tree Farms offers competitive salary and benefits package, including group health insurance, vacation, paid-time-off and a 401K plan.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.