Involvement in total company management for a very diverse, dynamic, and unique business model to include the management of resources efficiently and effectively. To use personal knowledge and experiences to oversee all procurement of fresh produce purchases from around the world. Manage personnel, maintain customer and supplier relations, control costs, and develop a vision for the future. This new leadership role will essentially serve as “the right hand” of the CEO in running the company.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Interface, interact, and lead all aspects of customer satisfaction.
- Provide leadership to the staff while educating them on objectives of the company.
- Be a strong leader, but collaborative with the upper management team.
- Work with Sr. leadership to identify and develop internal talent.
- Build and maintain the company’s stellar reputation within the industry and our customers.
- Manage the procurement and QC teams, locally and remotely located to insure the best possible product is purchased and sent to our customers at the best cost. Understand contractual buying versus open market negotiations.
- Interact with key customers and develop strong relationships with open communication to the customers and all levels internally of our company.
- Control budgets to stay within a target range.
- Coordinate with the support team to insure timely interaction with the procurement team and customers.
Knowledge and Experience
- Must have at least ten years’ fresh produce procurement experience, including global sourcing knowledge.
- Thorough knowledge of most produce commodities along with their markets and sources.
- Retail grocery experience a big plus.
- Must have at least ten years of hands on management experience within the produce industry.
- Management of remote offices and personnel a big plus.
- The ability to understand different customer specs for product and demands for service.
- Complete understanding of PACA laws and procedures.
- Budgeting and accounting knowledge a plus.
- Honest, good reputation within the industry.
- Must be a strong, clear communicator.
- Needs to be a proven leader, have good management skills, and be a team developer.
- The desire to assume an increasing amount of responsibility.
- Strong organizational abilities while multi-tasking.
- Work well as a collaborative member of the management team.
- A builder of relationships.
- Quick problem solver in a way that makes all parties content.
- The position is 24/7, on call all the time.
- 20-25% travel is required.
- Full benefit package.
- Great working atmosphere, located in the affordable San Joaquin Valley of California.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.