Provides administrative support to a designated manager or class of managers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs typing and transcription duties as required.
- Establishes procedures that implement operational and/or fiscal policies.
- Interprets policies and procedures as established by superiors.
- Compiles data of operating unit programs, policies, and procedures.
- Drafts financial, statistical, narrative, and/or other reports as requested.
- Provides authoritative information that tends to establish precedents and which may commit a unit or superior to a policy or course of action.
- Composes reports and correspondence containing decisions of designated manager.
- Arranges, participates in, and implements, as directed, conferences and committee meetings.
- Coordinates and provides semiprofessional service for staff meetings, board meetings, committees, etc.
- Signs in behalf of superior, as delegated, his or her name to correspondence, requisitions, vouchers, and other forms of consequence.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to accurately deal with difficult dictation.
- Ability to perform difficult typing/word processing duties.
- Administrative ability.
- Supervisory ability.
- Community college graduation (or equivalent) in appropriate field.
- Five (5) years of clerical experience, three (3) of which must have included supervision, organization, coordination, and performance of duties at a responsible level.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- University graduation in business administration.
- Clerical and supervisory/administrative experience beyond minimum required.
Job Description Top Page