Marketing Communications Specialist
To assist sales and marketing management with communications media and advertising materials to effectively represent the company's products and services to customers and prospects.
- Receives work assignments from marketing communications manager based on current needs, experience
of the specialist and specialist's particular strengths in advertising or communications.
- Meets with appropriate sales or marketing representative to discuss communication needs or participates
as a member of the sales and marketing team.
- Reviews literature in the assigned marketing project, previous marketing materials used in the assignment
area, and gathers materials of competitive companies in the field.
- Researches, writes, develops sketches of supporting graphics, and consults with printing firm representatives
on the needs of the particular project. Presents recommendations to marketing manager or committee.
- Where appropriate, arranges for the development of videotape scripts and selects a film producer to handle
the assignment. Overviews editing and voice-over's to assure quality production in line with the parameters of
- Writes draft speeches for senior management and reviews proposed speech with the executive. Arranges for necessary
speaking aids. Attends the presentation and offers feedback to the speaker.
- May develop and coordinate multimedia packages—letters, brochures, video, point-of-purchase displays—for
- Develops direct mail programs, as dictated by the assignment, and monitors roll-out of the campaign and checks
for success level at conclusion.
- Develops draft advertising text and layouts as part of campaign materials and presents to advertising manager for
review and approval.
- May staff company booth or exhibit at trade and community fairs.
- May be referral person for questions on department communications materials.
- A bachelor's degree in journalism, advertising, or communications. Graduate work in journalism preferred.
- At least five years of solid writing and editing experience, preferably with industrial products.
- Superior presentation and analytical skills, plus demonstrated skills to handle a variety of assignments
- Ability to work under deadline pressure and extra hours if needed on assignments.
Return to Job Description Top Page