Under general supervision, executes routine secretarial assignments, including dictated, written, or composed
correspondence; performs a variety of general clerical duties; provides supervision and work coordination of
others; and does related work as required.
- Attends Board of Directors meetings, including night meetings. Takes and transcribes notes, prepares
draft of notes on word processor, and after editing by General Manager and Clerk of the Board, finalizes
same. Types letters, memoranda, reports, etc., from dictated, handwritten, or other sources, and assists
in preparing agenda and related material for Staff Meetings, Board of Directors meetings, etc.
- Organizes and maintains files and records, answers telephone and directs calls to appropriate department
or person, and handles calls if knowledgeable on subject under discussion. Operates word processing equipment.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Qualifications, Skill, and Abilities:
- Five (5) years of experience in the performance of responsible secretarial/stenographic and clerical work.
- Knowledge of modern office methods and procedures, filing, telephone techniques, and office equipment, as
well as English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Ability to perform secretarial and clerical duties with speed and accuracy without immediate and
- Ability to learn, interpret, and apply district ordinances and resolutions.
- Ability to type at a speed of 60 wpm, and take shorthand at a speed of 100 wpm.
- Ability to maintain a good working relationship with all co-workers and the general public and
to use good judgment in recognizing scope of authority.
Education and Experience:
- Education equivalent to the completion of 12 grade.
- A minimum of five (5) years' experience in typing and
general office practice.
Job Descriptions Top Page