Headquartered in Castroville, California near Monterey Bay, Ocean Mist Farms is one of California’s leading growers of premium quality produce. We have an affiliation with seven companies with operations in California, Arizona and Mexico. Founded in 1924, we are privately held, the largest producer of artichokes in North America and produce over 30 other fresh vegetable commodities. Our operations include plant breeding, farming, harvesting, cooling, distribution and sales. Ocean Mist Farms’ fresh vegetable product line is sold domestically and internationally year-round. To learn more about our company, please visit www.oceanmist.com
The Accounts Receivable Specialist is responsible for all Accounts Receivable invoicing for Ocean Mist Farms, as well as intercompany invoicing to related companies. The position also works with the Revenue Cycle Lead in applying payments to customer invoices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Produce Sales invoicing; daily.
- Review prior day shipped sales orders & prepare invoicing.
- Electronically invoice certain customers using EDI & iTrade.
- Email & fax invoices to certain customers.
- Print paper invoices for remaining customers & prepare for mail.
- Castroville Weigh Scale invoicing; weekly.
- Safeway cross dock invoicing; monthly.
- Assist the Sales Dept. & the Shipping Dept. with customer invoice questions.
- Property Rent invoicing; monthly.
- Sulton Seed invoicing; monthly.
- Totes & packing supplies; monthly.
- Employee fuel usage reconciliation & invoicing; bi-yearly.
- Assist Revenue Cycle Lead; record customer payments & other tasks, as needed.
- Assist Credit Manager with any questions or report needs.
- Oversee filing of misc. AR & intercompany AR.
- Back up for office supply ordering & supply room stocking.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma is required.
- Associates Degree or higher focused in accounting or finance is highly desired.
- 1-3 years’ experience in Accounts Receivable.
- Ability to learn new duties with minimal repetition.
- Working knowledge of Famous, Excel, and Microsoft Word is preferred.
- Bi-Lingual in English/Spanish is desirable.
- Experience in the agricultural field preferred.
- Ability to carry out defined procedures with specific instructions.
- Ability to manage a project from its initiation to completion with minimal supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
APPLY TODAY! We offer an excellent salary and benefits package. Send us your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Accounting Jobs - Administrative Jobs - Entry Level Jobs - Agriculture Jobs