MontVerde Produce is one of the fastest growing vegetable brokers and shippers in South Florida. We specialize in the distribution of green beans, multi-color bell peppers, yellow and green squash and specialty hot peppers such as jalapenos, long hots, cubanelle, poblano, serrano and hot banana peppers (Hunky). MontVerde was founded by Ronald Gomez, a business professional with over 5 years of experience in the produce industry and more than 15 years of experience in sales, marketing and business operations management.
MontVerde has created strategic partnerships with growers that allow us to provide our customers with the highest quality produce at some of the lowest prices in the market year-round.
The Sales Manager is responsible for managing existing accounts while marketing to new clients and maximizing existing sales channels. This is a full-time, year-round sales position. The right candidate will work alongside the CEO and will have a hands-on role in developing goal-oriented sales and marketing plans.
Additionally, the ideal candidate must be hyper-focused on growth, both as it relates to sales and professionally. MontVerde is looking for a candidate who wants to continue to gain responsibility within the organization and eventually grow into the Director of Sales position, where he/she will be responsible for managing the sales & purchasing team while managing the overall sales and marketing process.
- Extensive knowledge of how to maximize various industry specific sales channels to achieve sales goals.
- Knowledge of product life cycle, contracting, pricing, negotiating and structuring/attaining sales goals.
- Strong motivational, innovative, and interpersonal skills. A self-starter and a natural go-getter.
- Customer Service Management experience.
- Understand competitive strengths, weaknesses, and win-loss analysis
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) is a plus but not necessary.
- Proven success in achieving or surpassing sales goals.
- Domestic travel up to 50%.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
The ideal candidate will be a proven and natural sales leader with a passion for the produce industry. A strong work ethic with proactive communication skills that encourages open conversations are a must.
- Responsible for increasing top line revenue, sales profitability, developing new accounts/customers.
- Help lead all domestic, sales and marketing activities, which may include customer service.
- Assist in the development and implementing of a cohesive marketing strategy and goals to increase brand/product awareness and reputation
- Assist in directing and overseeing the company’s marketing functions to identify and develop new customers.
- Gather, analyze and prioritize new customer requirements and manage resources to increases sales.
- Monitor measure and report on sales and marketing plan results against stated goals.
- Assist in the recruitment of new employees.
- Help monitor operational processes to ensure the organization is in compliance with industry regulations.
- Minimum of 5-10 years selling most, if not all the products MontVerde specializes in OR a minimum of 10-15 years of experience in a produce sales position.
- College education is preferred but not necessary.
Sales Jobs - Broker Jobs - Buyer Jobs - Marketing Jobs - Agriculture Jobs