As the Administrative Assistant you will provide excellent service to Seven Seas’ growing customer and grower base to help ensure all administrative and general accounting tasks are effectively implemented. This position is part of a challenging, fun, fast-paced environment and is a critical role within the operations of the Watsonville, CA office.
- Complete daily accounting entries as it relates to each assigned grower along with inventory reconciliation.
- Prepare accounts receivable invoices and post incoming payments.
- Sort and enter accounts payable data, process payments to vendors.
- Assist setting up customers/vendors for ACH.
- Ensure invoices and statements are paid on time; follow up with customers with past due payments.
- Maintain a filing system and working knowledge of current and past files.
- Assist with the upkeep on sales records by requesting proper documentation, follow proper accounting and record keeping procedures.
- Handle customer inquiries about material (ability to handle sensitive or confidential details).
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail.
- Answer multi-line phones and direct callers as needed.
- Other projects/duties assigned as needed by Company.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 2-year college degree or 4+ years proven administrative experience
- General accounting experience (required)
- Fluent in Spanish (written and verbal) (required)
- Highly proficient using Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional demeanor (in office and over the phone)
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work well independently and within a team
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and work efficiently towards completion
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational abilities
- Capable to work with complex file management
- Strong problem solver/preventer as well as analytical thinker
- Ability to work in a fast-paced sales environment
Tom Lange Company International, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We make all employment decisions on the basis of ability and job-related qualification, without regard to race, religion, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, military status, marital status, or any other classification proscribed under law. For Additional information about our family of companies, please check out our website at www.tomlange.com