Job Title: Accounts Payable Specialist
Reports to: AP Manager
Location: Salinas, CA
Minimum 3 consecutive years working experience in an accounts payable role. Associate’s degree with business background preferred. This position reports to the AP Supervisor; however, will work closely with internal and external departments to address and resolve invoicing issues. We are seeking applicants that are dependable, self-motivated, high-energy team members to work in a high volume, fast-paced environment. The candidate must possess excellent organizational, communication, interpersonal and customer service skills. The candidate must be able to meet deadlines and work well under pressure. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is expected.
The essential duties & skills include (but are not limited to):
- Processing a high volume of vendor invoices timely, accurately, and efficiently. Must review all invoices for correctness and ensure that they meet Company approval policies.
- Reviewing and resolving discrepancies with transactions to ensure that they are processed for payment.
- Reviewing and reconciling vendor statements and work closely with the vendor to resolve any billing or payment issues.
- Responding to all vendor inquiries and assisting with other projects as needed.
- Maintaining files and documentation thoroughly and accurately in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting.
- Team player, also able to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated to multi-task and prioritize to achieve team objectives
- Ability to collaboratively problem solve
- Detail-oriented, problem solver
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability and desire to cross-train within the department
- Possess great communication skills, both written and oral
- Professional dress, demeanor and attitude
Accounting Jobs - Administrative Jobs - Entry Level Jobs - Agriculture Jobs