Charlie’s Produce - Who We Are
As an employee-owned company, the Charlie’s family is the strength and core of what we do. We value the contributions of all of our team members and empower them to have pride in their role at Charlie’s. We all strive to make responsible decisions that yield exceptional results. We provide a healthy, safe and rewarding workplace that allows our employees to grow personally and professionally and offer a great work/life balance. We offer competitive pay, you can afford to raise a family, we will contribute to your future retirement through an amazing ESOP program making you a part owner in the company, our benefits are excellent, & we will even pay for your kids to go to college.
CP Fresh is our fresh food manufacturing company, where we produce fresh cut fruits, veggies, salads, sandwiches, wet salads and various salad kits to order daily. Our products are sold to both retail as well as foodservice customers. Fresh is our passion and we take pride in our healthy and safe products! We are expanding our facility and investing in our future by adding more space, installing state of the art equipment and growing our product offerings.
If you are motivated by creating new, delicious fresh items and seeing them enjoyed and out in the marketplace, you are growth minded and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, you are excited to work with the Northwest’s premier retailers, go to market with the best in fresh product quality and work with a leading company that cares for its people and its communities then Charlie’s Produce/CP Fresh is the perfect fit for you.
As a Product Development Manager, you will have a high level of technical expertise and understanding of different cooking methods, ingredients, and cuisines. You will have experience in food manufacturing processes with emphasis on efficiency of line flow, processing and cooking equipment utilization, assembly and packing. Successful candidate will possess a passion to create delicious, nutritious, sustainable, profitable, and scalable products.
- Research and create new items that fit well within our product mix and are well aligned with our core capabilities.
- Monitor and research culinary trends, manufacturing processes, packaging and innovations on an ongoing basis to continue to bring new ideas and items to the mix of offerings.
- Provide technical culinary expertise on new projects and as well as updating of current items.
- Participate in all stages of product development, from ideation to manufacturing
- Meticulously record all tests and all pertinent analytical information
- Calculate costing of ingredients such that products are developed within the targeted cost range
- Lead and participate in product tastings and plant trials of new products
- Assist in the production of product samples for internal and external requests
- Continuously help set the gold standard for culinary innovation, and mentor team members
- Manage individual project timelines and deliverables, and support wider project direction and deadlines
- Work with Charlie’s salespersons and customers to inform on new items as well as participate in ideation of new items.
- Work with production, QA and food safety teams to train and execute product rollouts.
Charlie’s Produce Compensation Package includes
- Competitive Pay
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Health and wellness benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- Paid holidays
- Employer-covered College Program
- Sick Pay
- 401(k) available
Desired Minimum Qualifications:
- A refined palate, with an excellent understanding of different cooking methods and world cuisines
- Knowledge of the fresh consumer packaged goods market, with an interest in new and innovative products
- Knowledgeable of the impact of basic functional ingredients and processes on product texture
- Experience with, various commercial cook/chill equipment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A natural sense of inquisitiveness and curiosity
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines, and reporting - you do what you say you will do
- Demonstrated knowledge and adherence to stringent food safety standards
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a cross-functional team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, and to balance changing priorities
- Solid analytical skills with the ability to develop creative solutions to solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on assigned work and projects with minimal supervision
- Experience with commercial product development and R&D is essential, ideally in fresh-cut CPG, Retail, foodservice and/or restaurant environments
- Curious learner who is eager to grow and own new areas of expertise as our business grows into uncharted territories
- Strong organization, prioritization and project management skills with keen ability to manage several projects and responsibilities at once
- Proficiency in the use of computer systems and software
- No ego team player excited to solve a wide range of challenges
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration and if necessary the Department of Homeland Security with the information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Charlie's Produce is an Equal Opportunity Employer.