Rousseau Farming Company, a leading grower, packer, and shipper of premium quality conventional and organic vegetables in the Phoenix metro area, is seeking a Senior Accountant/Growing Cost Accountant. This is a great opportunity for an experienced accounting professional.
- Preparing monthly entries and managing the monthly close process
- Manage most aspects of the G/L.
- Assist with outside accountants to complete reviewed financial statements and bank audits.
- Assist with month-end and year-end financial statement preparation.
- Manage certain aspects of crop and growing accounting.
- Manage the daily and month-end reporting of growing cost accounting and prepare reports as required or as requested.
- Responsible for monthly and annual crop budgets and cash forecasts.
- Ability to work with growing partners to help analyze crop results and resolve issues.
- Partner with payroll and farming operations to ensure accurate reporting of crop costs.
- Ability to provide timely feedback on financial performance of farm operations.
- Ability to work with a team to perform assigned task.
- Willingness and ability to adapt to new tasks and responsibilities.
- A knowledge of cost and grower accounting procedures in the agriculture industry.
- A knowledge of general operational accounting and understanding of GAAP,
- Good knowledge and understanding of Excel and General Ledger Systems.
- Strong analytical skills with a proactive approach to the job.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact with all growers, staff and senior management.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Famous Software knowledge is preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in an accounting role or similar role.
- Bachelor level accounting degree preferred.
Accounting Jobs - Administrative Jobs - Agriculture Jobs - Management Jobs