Job Title: Delivery & Transfer Technician
Reports to: Operations Manager
Job Description: Responsible for transporting deliveries locally in accordance with company guidelines and DOT regulations by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties will be assigned until all proper Licenses and Endorsements are achieved. In specific, you will be asked to work as a Support Technician for our Operations Group. This entails doing whatever is necessary to support our Production and Account Management Team in daily activities as required.
- Transports deliveries locally according to manifest in a safe, responsible manner and in accordance with company procedures and applicable DOT regulations.
- Provides basic maintenance for vehicle such as maintaining vehicle in a neat manner and performing minor repairs.
- Maintains company gas credit cards, and valid/current proof of insurance and registration in vehicle.
- Ensures proper maintenance of vehicle and reports all accidents/damage/malfunctions to management.
- Prepares a daily delivery schedule and coordinates efficient deliveries by applying knowledge of customer schedules, peak delivery times and alternate routes.
- Applies knowledge and abilities to safely load and unload deliveries according to size of load and content description.
- Processes shipment documents neatly and efficiently for each shipment, and manages discrepancy documentation.
- Obtains and maintains proper delivery authorization and pickup documentation, and submits in a timely manner.
- Provides good customer service and maintains a professional manner and appearance to enhance the company's image.
- Performs a daily DOT pre-trip inspection according to checklist, and keeps an accurate copy in the vehicle at all times.
- Maintains a daily, legible DOT log book and submits as required.
- Picks up merchandise and invoices from warehouse/vendors.
- Delivers merchandise to customers in a timely manner.
- Ensures delivery of appropriate merchandise in accordance with customer bill of lading.
- Fills delivery orders by obtaining the required merchandise and completing appropriate paperwork.
- Provides customer with receipt and/or credit form for merchandise to be picked up.
- Assists with stocking the shipping and receiving department to include lifting and carrying cartons and placing them on appropriate shelves.
- Ensures customer messages/communications are relayed to appropriate management.
- Returns credit merchandise with appropriate paperwork and informs management of delivery.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid Driver’s license Class A with all endorsements
40 hour Hazwopper training preferred
- Pallet jack
- Drum dolly
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and outdoor weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and reach with hands and arms.
Ag Tech Jobs - Agriculture Jobs - Transportation Jobs - Food Safety Jobs - Skilled Trades Jobs