WHO WE ARE:
Headquartered in Bakersfield, California, Grimmway Farms traces its roots to a Southern California produce stand opened by the Grimm brothers in the early 1960s. Grimmway is a global produce leader and the world’s largest producer of carrots. Grimmway also supplies more than 65 organic USA-grown crops, and brands include Cal-Organic Farms and Bunny-Luv. Grimmway is committed to caring for customers and employees, honoring sustainable practices and preserving natural resources for future generations.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are seeking a Senior Vice President of Operations who can successfully manage the fresh vegetable and processing facilities, and procurement, construction, warehousing shipping, logistics and transportation departments. Provide strategic planning and execution to enhance profitability, productivity, and efficiency throughout the company’s plant operations. Oversee the development and implementation of a comprehensive, nationwide facility master plan which aligns with the company’s strategic plan and annual financial and business objectives. This position reports to the Chief Operations Officer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agricultural Engineering or comparable engineering discipline, or Ag Business, construction or related field required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of working experience in food processing or packaging operations, with experience in the production of fresh, processed, or value added vegetables preferred.
- Must be experienced with food processing facility design, automation, optical sorting machinery, refrigeration, and advanced warehousing and cold storage design.
- Operations oriented, with a strong background in process flow analysis and efficiency improvements.
- Corporate finance skill set with an ability to apply strategic and financial analysis potential capital expenditures.
- Ability to create business plans and capital budgeting experience.
- Skilled in organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning.
- Prior experience managing multiple teams in multiple locations.
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, sound judgment and commitment to the corporate mission.
- Occasional travel, weekend and holiday work required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean DMV driving record.
- Must pass pre-placement drug/alcohol screen and background check.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Participate in companywide strategic planning with an emphasis on assessing implications for facility development. Translate growth projections across all divisions into facility capacity requirements and with the Finance team develop capital budget projections that are in line with the company’s financial objectives. Oversee all aspects of facilities development, including real estate selection and management, space planning, efficient process flow planning, and plant design and construction; and ensure that new construction and existing facility upgrade projects stay within budget and on schedule. Work with the operations leadership create, develop, and maintain the long-term plan for each facility including growth as well as maintenance of major infrastructures. Focus on automation initiatives to reduce labor costs.
Implement improved processes and management methods to generate higher ROI and workflow optimization in all facilities. Oversee facility wide Good Manufacturing Practices, Preventative Maintenance Programs, and Continuous Improvement Programs. Coordinate plant activities with general managers and operations managers to ensure production objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner. Ensure commodities are produced on schedule and within quality standards, cost objectives, finished product specifications and food safety programs. Implement systems of oversight and control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries. Evaluate other process improvement measures designed to generate higher productivity and revenues utilizing process improvement techniques such as LEAN, 6 Sigma, and 5S. Ensure compliance with the Safety Department programs/procedures to safeguard the health and safety of employees and property.
Oversee the Innovation Design Team responsible for the research, design, development, testing and implementation of new technologies and applications of food/vegetable processes and equipment in the production environment. Oversee ops procurement including for R & D, R & M, general supplies, packaging, etc. Ensure vendor negotiations result in product relevance and cost-efficiency. Manage Warehousing and Shipping, and Transportation and Logistics departments, including warehousing systems. Ensure customer needs are being taken care of with timely and efficient truck loading and market deliveries.
Direct the engineering, construction, and automation departments, including the support services and dirt management departments. Lead a construction team that can manage multiple major construction projects, as well as significant re-design or upgrade work across all facilities and in various regions. Ensure project management teams are in place that can effectively oversee the work of internal resources, outside vendors and keep projects on time and within budget.
Must be able to remain in a stationary position throughout much of the working day. Ability to occasionally move about inside the office, in food processing facilities, and in the farming fields. Ability to operate a computer and other office productivity equipment. Ability to work outdoors. Ability to visually inspect equipment and product. Must be able to work in different temperatures (working temperatures as hot as 100° to 110° F and as cold as -20° F to 32° F); must be able to work in a high noise area.
To Apply, Please click here:
Sr. Management Jobs - Agriculture Jobs - Quality Assurance Jobs - Packinghouse Jobs - Fresh Cut Jobs