FarmWise is a combination of new, innovative technologies mixed with age-old agricultural practices. We like to think outside the box when it comes to delivering our superior service to our customers. We are currently looking for dedicated individuals to join our hard working and successful team, as we continue to grow our small company. As an employee of FarmWise, you will be working for the leader in Agricultural Technology, and be shoulder to shoulder with the best professionals in the industry.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As an Equipment Operator at FarmWise, you will be operating our machines on the field on a daily basis. Your role is to ensure all operations go well with the machine on the field and to communicate with the farm operations manager as well as with the FarmWise team to solve any unexpected issue.
We are looking for a detailed-oriented person with experience working with agricultural machines. You must be mechanically inclined and either experienced or willing to learn the operation of heavy equipment.
ABOUT THE WORK
- Drive a 1-ton pickup and trailer, maintain a valid Class A Commercial driver's license and earn good CDL driver's rating
- Be responsible for operating and maintaining equipment
- Review fieldwork with the operations manager
- Start and set up a modern machine through a digital interface (a tablet app)
- Report issues and help improve processes
* This job requires working outside for 12 hours or more, dealing with unexpected situations and issues, and being thoughtful and detailed oriented.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required with experience or vocational/technical certification
- Mechanically inclined individuals preferred
- Able to apply written instructions to machine set-up and maintenance
- Proficient English speaker. Be able to communicate with fellow employees effectively
- Reliable attendance, punctuality, and attention to work
- Persist at difficult tasks despite unexpected obstacles
- Must be able to travel to Salinas, California for the spring and summer seasons
- Required: Valid Class A commercial license
- During peak season, working THREE 14 hour shifts per week with overtime, double time and paid lunch breaks.
- Starting pay is $20 per hour (DOE) with preplanned pay increase schedule.
- Enjoy excellent benefits, health insurance, a 401k match program.
- Evolve in a very fast-paced environment with short development cycles.
- Be able to shape a revolutionary product in its early days.
To apply, visit our website https://www.farmwiselabs.com/careers and submit your resume!
Ag Tech Jobs - Agriculture Jobs - Transportation Jobs - Packinghouse Jobs - Skilled Trades Jobs