Job Title: Assistant Maintenance Manager
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
Salary Range: DOE
A career at Skagit Horticulture is challenging, rewarding, and satisfying. We accomplish our goals when each individual performs to their full potential while contributing as a valuable team player with others in the organization.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible to assist in the creation and maintenance of a clean, safe, well-functioning facility; to assist as required in the management and performance of routine maintenance to the physical properties and equipment of Skagit Horticulture. The assistant maintenance manager will offer ongoing support and coaching on projects based on priority, gain knowledge and expertise with each assignment and advise best protocols towards resolution and long term fixes. Communicates clear expectations regarding maintenance jobs, priorities and accomplishments to the maintenance manager and team. Oversee and share (as needed) on-call responsibilities with other maintenance team members.
Coaching and Training: Assists managing a team of employees and their tasks as assigned by department manager. Communicates company goals, safety practices, and deadlines to team. Motivates team members and assesses performance. Provides help to department manager, including hiring and training, and keeps manager updated of on team performance. Communications concerns and policies among management and team members.
- Assist in the planning, prioritization, scheduling and performance of all required maintenance, including set-up, preparation and clean-up.
- Maintain accurate records for any routine repairs and major maintenance projects.
- Assist in the accomplishment of any maintenance required to safely operate the business.
- Act on behalf of Maintenance Manager as delegated and take responsibility for large maintenance projects.
- Provide accurate information to assist in the development of the maintenance budget.
- Responsible for time card approval and time management of your team.
Assist Maintenance Manager in the following areas:
- Develop maintenance procedures and ensure implementation
- Carry out inspections of the facilities to identify and resolve issues
- Checking electrical and hydraulic systems of buildings to ensure functionality
- Schedule, train, supervise and motivate employees for the maintenance department
- Ensure efficient repair schedules and review repair cost estimates
- Establish a routine proactive SOP to maintain equipment regularly
- Prioritize the maintenance and repairs of company equipment and parts
- Control and monitor inventory
- Ensure that all vehicles are clean, fueled and in proper working order
- Work with safety manager to ensure safety policies and procedures for the department are up to regulation
- Plan and oversee all repair and installation activities; create SOPs for said program
- Delegate workload and supervise upkeep staff (custodians, janitors etc.)
- Monitor expenses and control the budget for maintenance. (work closely with department Manager)
- Manage relationships with contractors and service providers
- Keep maintenance logs and report on daily activities
Required / Preferred Qualifications:
- Extensive knowledge in maintenance repairs
- Welding a plus
- Knowledge in mechanics, electrical, boiler rooms, green houses, redactable roofs, and general repairs required
- Candidate should have strong people and problem solving skills
- Experience in Lean processes is preferred
- Willingness to travel from site to site is required
- Driver’s license and safe driver record are required.
- High integrity and respect for confidentiality requirements
- OSHA 10 or 30 desired
- Basic competency in Microsoft Office®
- Ensure that all production and maintenance work areas are kept clean and safe.
- Wiling to serve on safety committee for one year
Floral Jobs - Warehouse Jobs - Transportation Jobs - Agriculture Jobs - Greenhouse Jobs