About The Role:
The Cultivation Engineer Coordinator position will work closely with the Cultivation department pertaining to needs for engineering expertise when related to; irrigation, pumps, motors, filters, valves, machinery, controlled environments and electronics related to the cultivation and processing of cannabis for CCA. The Cultivation Engineer Coordinator will apply engineering knowledge to agricultural problems concerned with the cultivation and processing of cannabis for CCA.
What You Will Do
● Assist the Cultivation Engineer Manager with keeping cultivation and processing operations
running for CCA
● Perform in-field irrigation management - Take soil samples, monitor soil moisture levels via hand
and using soil monitoring software, perform DU test, instruct irrigators on proper techniques,
suggest & make irrigation scheduling changes based on field data and plant health.
● Ensure the proper function of all cultivation irrigation equipment
Perform maintenance & troubleshooting on cultivation irrigation equipment (pumps, filters,
VFDs, controllers, sulfur burners, nutrient injection units, pressure reducing/sustaining valves,
PVC, drip tape, etc.).
● Assist with nutrient management and applications.
● Installation and monitoring of field sensors for soil moisture, temperature, humidity, etc.
● Collect and evaluate data from weather stations and field sensors.
● Develop improvements to current irrigation systems.
● Compile nutrient and irrigation data for Nitrogen use tracking.
● Assist with the design and implementation of automation for cultivation processes.
● Assist with the design, implementation and improvement of harvest-processing lines.
● Assist cultivation crew in planting, maintaining and harvesting Cannabis as needed.
● Communicate technical information to suppliers, contractors, or regulatory agencies.
● Discuss plans, quotes, PO, etc. with clients, contractors, consultants, vendors and other engineers.
● Test agricultural machinery and equipment to ensure adequate performance; work with other
personnel to resolve design or operational problems.
● Train personnel on proper operational procedures by developing SOPs.
● Perform drone imaging at regular intervals, at all properties for historical imagery.
● Perform experiments (or trials) to improve the overall efficiency of the crop production.
● Perform experiments (or trials) to improve the overall efficiency of cannabis processing.
● Maintain inventory of engineering tools and supplies.
● Supports the overall success of Central Coast Agriculture by performing all other duties as
● Perform all functions safely following prescribed rules and protocol
What You'll Need to Have
● Planning and Organizing- Engages in short and long-term planning, sets priorities to optimize
time usage, adheres to schedules and plans.
● Creativity and Innovation- Initiates conceptual ideas with practical applications, develops creative
strategies and opportunities, creative thinking and problem solving, promotes a creative climate.
● Judgment and Decision Making- Solves problems, considers relevant alternatives before making
decisions, displays intuitive judgment, shows timeliness and conviction in making
recommendations and decisions.
● Teamwork and Relationship-Building Skills- Assists Team members in accomplishing their
objectives by helping things go right, establishes effective working relationships, and promotes
● Adaptability and Change Management Skills- Ability to change to fit changed circumstances.
Has the skill to multi-task and juggle competing priorities.
● Develops Self- Learn and grows, maintains current knowledge in the field.
● Communication and Cooperation- Effectively communicates upward, downward and laterally.
Prevents unproductive responses, improves the effectiveness of communications and interactions
● Accountability and Productivity- Holds themselves accountable to team members, accepts
responsibility for their own decisions, sustains peak performance and solves problems that
● Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or relevant field. (Required)
● 2+ years experience in agriculture, engineering, or related field (Highly Preferred)
● Possess effective written and verbal communication skills for interaction with co-workers,
management, and vendors. (Required)
● Working knowledge of agricultural practices, irrigation concepts and systems, and acceptable
mechanical ability. (Required)
● Valid CA Driver’s license (Required)
● Must be 21 years of age (or older) at the time of hire. (Required)
● Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office (Excel), Google's G-Suite, CAD, etc.
● Functional knowledge of California cannabis regulations.
● Proficiency of the English language, verbal and written format.
● Excellent time management and organizational skills in a fast-paced environment.
● Flexible work schedule as needed. (Required)
● Ability to work well remotely and while off site. (Required)
● Maintain professionalism and live CCA’s core values at all times.(Required)
● Working knowledge of the Spanish language (Desired).
What You'll Receive
- Competitive base salary and performance-based incentive plan.
- Company Sponsored Activities
- Health Coverages - CCA contributes to employee & dependent premiums!
○ Medical PPO & Rx Coverage
○ Dental PPO & HMO
○ Vision PPO
○ Employee Assistance Programs w/Mental Health Support
○ Life & AD&D
- Paid Time Off: vacation, sick, holiday, & bereavement