Charlie’s Produce - Who We Are
Charlie's Produce is a privately owned wholesale produce company. We are the largest privately owned produce wholesaler on the West Coast, with distribution centers in Seattle, Spokane, Portland, Anchorage, Boise, and Los Angeles. The secret to our 40 years of success in this industry is PEOPLE! We strive to hire the best and we reward them with a working environment that fosters loyalty, stability, innovation, and growth.
Charlie's provides a healthy employee stock ownership program, competitive Medical/Dental/Vision and Life Insurance plans. And our newest benefit offers Pre-Paid Fully Funded College Tuition to our employees and the dependent children of our employees after 1 year!
Flexible, day shift, some weekends/ off hours required
The Retail Sales Manager will be responsible for leading the growth and profitability of Los Angeles Retail Sales division of Charlie’s Produce. Coordinate sales forecasting, planning and budgeting processes used within the sales department. Proactively monitor and maintain high levels of quality, accuracy and process consistency in the sales department planning efforts. Mentor and guide the retail sales and merchandising team to reach sales quarterly and annual sales goals.
Essential Responsibilities Include but Not Limited To:
- Identify, develop and manage new accounts relationships through the direct customer contact, and through the sales team.
- Initiate and present new sales ideas, sales strategies and implementation plans to executive management to keep the company market competitive and relevant.
- Collaborate with the sales team, marketing, R&D, and the executive management team to continually develop business opportunities that enhance the company’s profitability and customer experience.
- Monitor the sales team performance by measuring volume, profit, distribution, pricing and expense management, and take corrective action where necessary.
- Facilitate and resolve customer relations issues.
- Manage, mentor and guide the sales team to reach sales goals.
- Implement company strategies and initiatives.
- Provide sales reports and industry sales info to executive management regularly.
- Responsible for building, writing and executing the sales team performance reviews and corrective counseling as needed.
- Customer/Client Focus
- Problem Solving Analysis
- Communication Proficiency
- Teamwork Orientation
- Technical Capacity
- Dynamic self-starter, strategic and independent thinker with excellent business acumen.
- Minimum 5 years in the produce/grocery/food industry at the sales management level.
- Proven sales/profitability track record.
- Ability to manage change and facilitate the implementation of new programs through the use of the sales team.
- Minimum 5 years experience leading a team of sales representatives/ account executives.
- Strong and well-organized manager, communicator and team builder.
- Proficient in Category management and reporting systems.
- Ability to perform market pricing analysis.
- Advanced MS Office experience (Outlook and Excel) and AS400
- Able to work flexible hours and days as required by the work load
- Spanish bilingual a plus
Charlie's Produce is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the Social Security Administration and if necessary the Department of Homeland Security with the information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
PLEASE APPLY ON OUR WEBSITE TO BE CONSIDERED:
Retail Grocery Jobs - Management Jobs - Agriculture Jobs - Sales Jobs - Marketing Jobs