Founded in October, 1999, we are located in the beautiful California Central Coast with a climate ideal for plant production. We have approximately 250,000 square feet dedicated to growing young plants.
We have a great opportunity for a Head Grower to join our team in the Salinas Valley.
The Head Grower will be responsible for all young plants and outdoor finished growing operations. Development of people, processes, equipment and systems in the Growing department. Success is measured through order fulfillment, quality and customer satisfaction.
The successful candidate will have:
- Five years of growing experience.
- Three years supervisory experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in horticulture or related field.
- Comprehensive knowledge on production of quality plants.
- Knowledge of perennials and annuals.
- Knowledge of biological controls and IPM programs.
- Knowledge of ARGUS environmental control systems.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Pesticide applicator’s license (may be obtained after hire).
- Solid growing skills
- Strong leadership, team building, managerial, and interpersonal skills.
- Positive customer service attitude and work ethic.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize for results within a fast-paced working environment.
- Flexible to adapt to changes.
- Thorough understanding of environmental control systems.
- High integrity, bringing passion and pride to work every day.
- Effective time management with the ability to balance floor and office time.
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) Preferable
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including immediate PTO accrual, Medical, Dental and Vision after 30 days plus matching 401(k) after 6 months and Company-Paid LTD after one year.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law.
This policy applies with regard to all aspects of one’s employment, including hiring, transfer, promotion, compensation, eligibility for benefits and termination.
Seed Jobs - Greenhouse Jobs - Agriculture Jobs - Management Jobs - Organic Jobs