Aweta HD Optics Grader/Sizer Operator Bell Peppers
Employment Type: Seasonal
Live Oak Farms expanded its Bell Pepper operations with the latest packinghouse technology. We’ve an immediate opening for a team player, with strong supervisorial skills, who can successfully implement the production goals as set by Senior Management and consistently ensure the quality that’s expected by our customers. Under the direction of the Packinghouse General Manager, the individual will provide day-to-day leadership of Bell Pepper packing and repacking functions to maximize both productivity and profitability while ensuring we exceed food safety requirements and maintain a safe working environment. You’ll be responsible for the supervision of shed personnel and will work closely with the Packinghouse General Manager, Quality Control, the Ranch, and Sales to ensure the highest levels of excellence for packed and repacked product.
The Supervisor will be responsible for:
- Works under the direction of the Packinghouse General Manager on all operational matters, tasks, and special projects as required.
- Provides real-time management of line supervisors in charge of packers, graders and general labor employees for the packing of fresh bell peppers.
- Delegates responsibilities for high value and hand pack product while maintaining Live Oak quality standards.
- Will operate state-of-the-art Aweta 3D sorting equipment.
- Must be hands-on with employees in a labor-intensive environment.
- Documents employee attendance & disciplinary actions.
- Works directly with Packinghouse General Manager to control expense, including shrink, labor and overhead cost.
- Ensures the facility and equipment are properly maintained and regularly scheduled facility and equipment servicing meets established protocol prior to daily operations.
Specific job Knowledge, Skill & Ability:
- 3+ year experience in a supervisor role in a fresh produce packing facility.
- 2+ year experience with Aweta camera systems and pack lines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible within a changing work environment.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, while maintaining a sense of urgency and being able to meet and/or beat deadlines.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office, Famous, and team-centered communication applications.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, or as business requires.
- Bilingual Spanish/English, to communicate with a largely Spanish speaking workforce.
Packing House Jobs - Ag Tech Jobs - Agriculture Jobs - Management Jobs - Organic Jobs