Provides critical support to Sales/Operations on the quality of fruit in both field and cooler, varies by location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Check fruit quality at the cooler when received
- Coordinates truck shipments with Sales and Ranch.
- Receives information about quality from Field QC for the amount of good and bad pallets
- Look for overripe fruit
- Place fruit on hold if necessary
- Communication with Sales/Production regarding the status of fruit
- Plan logistics of product to customer
- Complete all data entry for shipments.
- Walks all ranches to assure fruit quality is at standard
- Identifies the quality of fruit; color, maturity, defects, moldy
- Check packs for weight standards
- Sends text or e-mail to Sales and Operations as to the fruit status.
- Works every day during harvest
- Must be at ranch during ranch working hours. Usually starts the day at the ranch and ends the day in the cooler.
- Other related tasks as necessary
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience in Quality Control
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Technology savvy with fluency in MS Office
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and responsibility
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office and Famous
- Bilingual in English and Spanish required.
- Valid Driver’s License and point free driving record. Clean MVR.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk, sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Ability to work in an outdoor temperature; cold, hot, windy, rainy, etc. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Quality Assurance Jobs - Agriculture Jobs - Management Jobs - Food Safety Jobs - Packing House Jobs - Organic Jobs