Since its inception in 1937, Watsonville Coast Produce, Inc. has prided itself on delivering produce of the highest quality and best value to our customers. This philosophy has helped us grow into a regional industry leader, distributing a wide range of fresh fruits and vegetables throughout California.
The Account Manager is responsible for customer relationship management and maintaining, growing, and acquiring new revenue from an existing base of clientele within assigned territory. This position may be responsible for various types of accounts to include retail and foodservice. Additionally, the Account Manager will develop sales strategies to attract new customers by qualifying prospects, cold-calling, making focused revenue-based sales calls, and supporting the overall goals and efforts of the company in generating revenue and growing our customer base.
We offer a competitive salary, commission, and complete benefits package. Your earning potential is up to you!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Travel within sales territory to service key accounts and visit prospective customers
- Build strong business partnerships and acquire new revenue from an existing customer base
- Communicating between the company and customers for up-to-date conditions on pricing and service
- Advise customers of product seasonality, availability, pricing, quality, and other key elements needed to maintain good customer relations
- Collaborate with internal team members regularly to ensure customer retention
- Communicate pertinent sales and market information to Sales Manager and sales team members
- Ensure customer expectations are satisfied, including timely and successful deliveries according to customer needs
- Conduct reviews on accounts on regular basis to evaluate clients’ demands and usage of account; determine types of services/products and prices/fees satisfying the clients’ needs as well as the organization’s objectives
- Prospect, cold call, and make appointments with new leads in designated sales territory
- Develop sales strategies
- Manage all aspects of the sales process including assessing prospect customer needs, negotiating sales contracts, and closing new accounts
- Complete all administrative duties to include maintaining accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, and closed sales
- Must pass pre-employment background, physical, and drug screen
- Must possess valid driver’s license and acceptable Motor Vehicle Report
- 1-year account management/outside sales experience
- Proven track record of success consistently closing business
- Produce knowledge a plus – i.e. fruits & vegetables, organic & conventional
- Read, write & effectively communicate verbally in English (bilingual in Spanish a plus)
- Perform basic arithmetic (i.e., addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) and uses basic numerical concepts (e.g., whole numbers, percentages) to complete job tasks
- Ability to read maps, use a GPS, and/or have a good sense of direction
- Must be computer literate and proficient with common computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook email
We offer a complete benefits package that includes medical, dental & vision insurance, paid vacation, paid sick leave, 7 paid holidays, 401(k) plan, bonuses, life insurance.
POSITION TYPE AND EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a non-exempt position. The schedule is Monday – Friday. Interested candidates must be able to work a flexible schedule and overtime hours as required by business operations.
WCPI provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability. We expect and require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free work environment.
Sales Jobs - Broker Jobs - Agriculture Jobs - Management Jobs - Marketing Jobs